PDA

View Full Version : Tuesdays....im pooped already

JCrakers
23-04-2013, 11:54 AM
My busiest day is a tues and by 10am i was pooped today.

I have 5 arrive at 8am and then we leave the house walking at 8.30am to drop three at school. I come back home and another one arrives just as we get back at 9.05ish so I have 3 under 5.

We have to leave the house at 9.15am to get to toddler group for 9.30am other wise there's no point going.
So between 9-915 I have to swap buggies to double, get milk ready, feed my 9m old his breakfast and try to get myself a cup of coffee, but never manage the coffee. Toddler group coffee is pretty dire and 9m old has his bottle so never have time.
So when my mindee arrives at 9ish I'm usually opening the front door with one foot while feeding with the other, trying to help my 4yr old mindee with her zip whilst pushing nappies into changing bag and making sure I have everything...lol

Today hubbie was in, otherwise I don't get time for a drink :( he made me a lovely coffee with frothy milk and I drank it on the way...lol
So I had two in buggy, 4yr old holding on with a blinking cup of coffee in one hand, rushing down the street.
Arrive at toddlers and 9m old was really clingy, wouldn't be put down and wouldn't sleep either so I had to carry him for an hour and try to join in dancing and singing, craft and getting juice and bisc.

I then have to leave at 10.30 prompt to be back for another mindee 15m who arrives at 11am (i have a variation)

9m old is still clingy and 15m old screams when she sees my hubbie (he's really scary and came to make himself some lunch...lol) so roll on 6pm as although one goes home at 3pm I have 6 to pick up from school.

The joys of childminding...lol :)
The wine is chilled :)

lauraring1
23-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Haha I feel your pain!! I could have written this myself... I'll be ready for bed by 7 :0)

KatieFS
23-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Tues and weds are busy for me too! Luckily they arrive 8.30 x1 18m old and9.30 x2 2 yr olds. I feel shagged out by 6. i do notice other childminders having 3 every day and i think how do you do it? Had a lovely time with them today in garden enjoying the weather. Water play, all of them soaking somehow and had to change all of them before lunch.
Happy days... Now they are all sleeping so having quiet time in garden (with monitors!) x

Kirstylob
23-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Busy day! I have 3 under 3yrs & 2 at school 3 days a week, 4 under 3 & 1 at school one day a week :panic:and blissful Fridays with only 2 under 2 1/2 & only 1 at school:). Plus my youngest 2 (age 11 and 15) to drag out of bed and get to school. The weekends don't seem any quieter, just different stuff to do!

jackie 7
23-04-2013, 04:36 PM
And I thought I was busy with 3 2 yr olds. We were in the park this morning and played on grass behind after test. Got in late so rushed tea and diaries. Also did st George's day sticking. Want wine but got to do a 2 yr check and need to finish l j first. Oh how I wish I kept them up to date.

smurfette
23-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I have three most days under 3.5 but today landed four of them! Usually just for the morning but mum asked me to have Littlest all day when she dropped off this am.. All were grand nobody cranky but long busy day.. All gone now and am popped! Going for a walk with a friend then to choir and bed!

smurfette
23-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I have three most days under 3.5 but today landed four of them! Usually just for the morning but mum asked me to have Littlest all day when she dropped off this am.. All were grand nobody cranky but long busy day.. All gone now and am popped! Going for a walk with a friend then to choir and bed!

Oh and luckily one of mine gone on a play date and the other two went to nanas for a bit or it would have been mental! Glad I don't do schoolies don't know how you manage it!!

KatieFS
24-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm looking at taking baby twins in sept. meeting mum in morning. Is this insane? Could have 3 under 2 4 days a week.

Petshrinklj
24-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Eek I'm just exhausted reading that lol