PDA

View Full Version : ABC Tripple Buggy

lauraring1
23-04-2013, 09:12 AM
I am looking at purchasing a triple abc but wasnt sure of the best configuration... Either the double at the bottom with single seat on top or the single buggy with the double seat that attaches to the top of the single? Has anyone got any experience with either way please ?

zippy
23-04-2013, 10:07 AM
I had a single with single on top and single seat at front was ok but wouldn't get again, if def wanting a triple I'd go for single with double on top however I'd probably get a quad one myself or at least double with single seat on top so I had the option to upgrade if needed. The static seats are better for seeing over but raincover was a nightmare so if personally go for reclining seats

sarahmc
23-04-2013, 10:08 AM
They look heavy to push. Ooh I want one.

lauraring1
23-04-2013, 10:18 AM
I had a single with single on top and single seat at front was ok but wouldn't get again, if def wanting a triple I'd go for single with double on top however I'd probably get a quad one myself or at least double with single seat on top so I had the option to upgrade if needed. The static seats are better for seeing over but raincover was a nightmare so if personally go for reclining seats

Ah that's interesting... Didn't think of quad one, I will be possibly having a baby too in the near future (sibling of current mindee) so a quad could come in handy! Think people would certainly move out the way if they see you coming :0)

zippy
23-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Ah that's interesting... Didn't think of quad one, I will be possibly having a baby too in the near future (sibling of current mindee) so a quad could come in handy! Think people would certainly move out the way if they see you coming :0)

They're not heavy to push, designed really well, only time I found my old one a little struggle was when I had third seat on front was heavy up front but still a dream when you compare it to any other triple on market

SammySplodger
23-04-2013, 02:04 PM
I would love one, but it won't fit through my front door :-(

zippy
23-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I would love one, but it won't fit through my front door :-(

T3 is slightly narrower I think

lauraring1
23-04-2013, 05:18 PM
T3 is slightly narrower I think

I looked at the T3 but it had mixed reviews....

mum24
23-04-2013, 05:41 PM
I had the single with the double on the top.
I used it almost every day for six months. It is very stable, excellent to handle in the snow and on flat paths, but one or two of the paths here are on a steep camber, and I found that the wheels wanted to follow the path down, and it was heavy to try and keep straight. It still felt very stable, not liked it was going to go over but a struggle to manage. Probably because of the weight of the children.
The main drawback I found was I was just tall enough to see over the top, without the rain cover on. With the rain cover I couldn't see over and had to keep looking around the side. I am 5.6 so I think anyone smaller would find it difficult.

lauraring1
23-04-2013, 08:19 PM
I had the single with the double on the top.
I used it almost every day for six months. It is very stable, excellent to handle in the snow and on flat paths, but one or two of the paths here are on a steep camber, and I found that the wheels wanted to follow the path down, and it was heavy to try and keep straight. It still felt very stable, not liked it was going to go over but a struggle to manage. Probably because of the weight of the children.
The main drawback I found was I was just tall enough to see over the top, without the rain cover on. With the rain cover I couldn't see over and had to keep looking around the side. I am 5.6 so I think anyone smaller would find it difficult.

Thank you for that, it really helps!

SammySplodger
24-04-2013, 10:23 PM
I've been looking into the single with extra top & front seats (the double seat on top of a single is still too wide for my front door).

Can you have two reclining extra seats on it?Have only seen photos of toddler seat on the front, not a reclining one...
What is it like for the child in the main part of the buggy - can they see out, or is view blocked by one in front?
How do the raincovers work? I'm assuming you end up with separate covers to suit different seat combos?

Sorry - loads of questions?!
;-)

lauraring1
25-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I've been looking into the single with extra top & front seats (the double seat on top of a single is still too wide for my front door).

Can you have two reclining extra seats on it?Have only seen photos of toddler seat on the front, not a reclining one...
What is it like for the child in the main part of the buggy - can they see out, or is view blocked by one in front?
How do the raincovers work? I'm assuming you end up with separate covers to suit different seat combos?

;-)

I've only ever seen them with reclining on top and static on front, so not sure? You maybe able to look on the Abc website for more info... I think I'm either going for a single with double recliner on top or double at the bottom and single recliner on top... Just got to find one now and trust me that's the hard bit lol

jackie 7
25-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I love my t3. Just keep the tyres pumped.

zippy
25-04-2013, 09:08 PM

;-)

You can only have static seat up front but can have reclining on top, child in main sea can see out but needs to be smallest child as leg room is limited, doesn't come with rain covers or isn't when I had it, but I adapted two universal ones from Argos with the aid of a hair bobble lol one on top seat as I hated one that came with my top static seat, and one that went over rest of buggy.