PDA

View Full Version : tax credits won't cover extra cost!!

Carolc
23-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Had a mum interested in after school care but tax credits won't cover the extra cost for my service because her hours haven't changed. The childminder she has just now changed by the hour and i have a set rate. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Xx

Koala
23-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Just be careful she isn't pulling a fast one to get you cheaper.
Tax credits wouldn't or shouldn't cover the whole amount anyway to my understanding, I may be wrong.

If you are more expensive, the parent should contact tax credits to advise them of the increase and it should be apportioned accordingly, Don't drop your fees!!

:laughing: :laughing: some folk think we a born yesterday :laughing: :laughing:

Mouse
23-04-2013, 09:17 AM
I've not heard of that before as a sole reason. I know when I put my rate up, parents phone tax credits and got their payment changed.

If tax credits have said they won't pay it could be because the increase is too small to make a difference, or because parents are already claiming the maximum they're allowed.

Of course, it could be that parents have told you that in the hope you'll reduce your fees!

Carolc
23-04-2013, 10:40 AM
She said that because her hours haven't increased then they won't cover and that she won't be able to go with me, its a shame it was £300 a month for me but no way I'm lowering my fees lol Xx

Koala
23-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Well she will just have to pay towards it herself like everyone else has to.

Carolc
23-04-2013, 11:22 AM
She said she would be too out of pocket to go with me

BuggsieMoo
23-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Tax credit for childcare are based on the hours and the amount. If it increases or decreases by £10 for a period of 4 + weeks then tax credits will adjust hers accordingly. Unless of course she is getting her maximum amount based on her income.

Carolc
23-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't think she is getting the max unless she is picketing the rest lol. Its only after school he wee one gets looked after so can't imagine its that much she is paying. She is a single parent would that make any difference to her payments?
I've also got a mum coming tomorrow who is looking for a full time place for her wee baby, she is also a single parent with 2 wee ones. I hope she can get enough to cover the fees x