PDA

View Full Version : MM Contracts & holidays...

MessybutHappy
23-04-2013, 05:53 AM
Morning!
I sat down to write to my parents last night with details of the holiday I want to take and thought I'd best check that my plans were in line with my contracts...but I can't find anywhere where I've said how much leave I'll take! Now this is a good thing as it gives me flexibility, but I'm doubting myself! Can anyone else using MM contracts confirm it for me? (I'll give MM a ring on my next afternoon off, but won't get the chance today!) Thank you!

sharonmanc
23-04-2013, 07:12 AM
In the contract it should say how much notice parents have to give for changing contract etc. I have out my holidays as a policy stating how much notice they must give and how much I must give, have you put it in a policy somewhere, check your fees policy

ziggy
23-04-2013, 08:50 AM
I use MM, just started last year, and i cant find where it mentions amount of holiday to be taken

On part 2 i have added that parents need to give 4 weeks notice of holiday which will then be charged at half fees.

ChocolateChip
23-04-2013, 09:10 AM
On the first page it asks WHAT IF I CANNOT LOOK AFTER YOUR CHILD and there is a space to put how many days notice of holiday or other time off- it doesn't actually specify how much holiday, that should be in your policies.
I say in mine that I will normally take 4-5 weeks off per year, but reserve the right to change that amount. I also say that I will try give at least four weeks notice, but that occasional days may need to be taken at short notice to cover events such as medical appointments or training days, etc.

In practical terms I usually plan my hols for the year and give all the parents a list in January, and just update as and when I need an odd day here or there.

MessybutHappy
24-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Thank you, that's what I thought! I haven't put anything in writing, I have said I take c. four weeks plus bank holidays, and I think I'll stick to that! I'm not keen on booking it all at the start of the year though, I prefer being able to be flexible.