PDA

View Full Version : Do Business Websites Work?

cbshoat
22-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm just contemplating setting up a website and wondered just how much business everyone has found they generate?

I know they can be quite useful but dont want to put all the effort required into creating and maintaining it if word of mouth is best.

Any feedback?

Christine x

shortstuff
22-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I have one and it has gained me enough business to pay for the site about 5 times over so far. It has only been up and running for about 3 months too. HTH

cbshoat
22-04-2013, 09:54 PM
I have one and it has gained me enough business to pay for the site about 5 times over so far. It has only been up and running for about 3 months too. HTH

Thanks gives me some hope x

lisbet
22-04-2013, 10:11 PM
I have a basic free one through Weebly. It was easy to set up (I managed it! ;)) and I find it really useful to be able to signpost potential parents to all the information on there as it helps them work out if I might provide a good match for their childcare needs and whether they'd like to visit with a view to signing up. A few parents have commented that they found it useful.

shortstuff
22-04-2013, 10:12 PM
exactly. I sign post all of my parents there as it means they have less questions to ask when they meet me. That gives us a chance to get to know each other better without all of the formalities.

nikkiv
22-04-2013, 11:34 PM
exactly. I sign post all of my parents there as it means they have less questions to ask when they meet me. That gives us a chance to get to know each other better without all of the formalities.

That's what I do, my website has all my details on, all the things we do etc so we can sit and chat, children can play and its all very relaxed!

Becci26
23-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Yes definitely worth it.

My website has been an invaluable tool for potential parents - it includes lots of info about me and my setting, I think nearly all my parents have used it to gain perspective on me.

You can link it to google too so it comes up when somebody searches for child care in your area (I am lucky in that we live in a village and no other cm has done this so I am top of the page!)

It has definitely helped me to win business :D

SYLVIA
23-04-2013, 06:07 AM

Is it quite expensive to set up and retain. I've been thinking about it for a while with all the changes being talked about

JCrakers
23-04-2013, 06:25 AM
I have one that Pauline did who used to manage the forum before Richard. Very reasonable

I'm not sure I'll be allowed to post her web address so if it domestic show, message me and I'll give it you

http://www.childminderswebsites.co.uk

winstonian
23-04-2013, 06:30 AM
My friends hubby designs websites and did me a freebie. I have got quite a bit of business from it or supported by it. People have been given my name or found me on childcare.co.uk and then done an online search, found my website and got in touch as they've liked what they saw.

smurfette
23-04-2013, 10:22 AM
I have a free one with webs.com they do send me a lot of emails looking for me to upgrade
But it does what I want .. As others said all info there about routine, pics of house and garden had lots of enquiries through it .. Wouldn't pay for one though plenty are free

supermumy
23-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I use weebly I've had business from it :)

Tazmin68
23-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi

Like jcrackers Pauline does mine for me. When I get enquiries if they have not looked at the website I get them to to take a look and if still interested in childcare I ask them to call me back and we then arrange a visit. This is because website gives out a lot of info about family etc.