PDA

View Full Version : Taking kids to play groups

Petshrinklj
22-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Hi I'm in process of registering and was wondering if I take mindees to play groups would I charge the parents the cost of entrance to the play group on top of my minding fee? Or do i Just pay it? I take my daughter to Lots of groups and would like to continue a least some of them once I'm registered. Some groups are only an extra 50p for additional kids but some groups cost £4. The going childminder hourly rate is £3 - £3.50 so if I paid £4 for a group I'd be earning -50p for that hour lol.
What do you do charge extra or just see it as expenses

FussyElmo
22-04-2013, 08:49 PM
I see it as an expense as its usually my choice to go :-D

mum24
22-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't charge, because if I am taking more than one little one along, if one parent says they wont pay then we can't go. I pay for play group myself and put it through as an expense. During holidays if we have an outing that is likely to cost quite a lot I ask for a voluntary contribution, and suggest a price, but dont insist again for the same reasons.

Petshrinklj
22-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks for your replies. That makes sense as it is my choice to go to the groups. So I will class it as expenses (if i get any mindees that is lol )

smurfette
23-04-2013, 10:25 AM
My parents pay ten euros a month towards groups as some cost five per
Child and I couldn't afford it if I have three or four little ones ., it covers
About half what we do and I do rest .
All happy with this

JCrakers
23-04-2013, 10:27 AM
I include mine in the fee. I worked out the other day that I usually spend £9 a week on toddler groups making it £36 a month...eek. Toddler groups are only £1 per child.

If we go to soft play then I get money from the parents as its £4.95 a go