PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding course

Miss freckles
22-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm a newly registered childminder, so please be gentle with me :)
Now i completely understand that as a professional I am to keep up to date with any training that will benefit my childminding business, but during my pre reg course I was told after registration I should book on to my next closest safeguarding course that was available, however during my pre reg visit the inspector told me That was not true and I didn't have to complete a safeguarding course after registering.

Now this does make some sense to me as we had almost a whole day on safeguarding during my pre reg course, and having worked in a school til now the safeguarding rules are pretty much the same and don't change that often.

However on the other hand I know I should be keeping up to date with training, the course isn't until July and I'm thinking it's probably best to book myself on it but was wondering what other newly registered childminders have done, or what anyone else may think of this??

step11
22-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Personally I would go just for peace of mind. We always need to refresh our minds and who knows you might learn something new.

sarah707
22-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Safeguarding is a Local Authority requirement - so you have to do what they say :D