PDA

View Full Version : Would this be OK?

EmmaReed84
22-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I have two minded children aged 4 and 2.5. I also have my son who is 4.5. They all attend the same playschool on various days (some the same day so i actually 3 hours paid time off :thumbsup:)

Anyway, my nephew also attends the same playschool and I am one of the emergency contacts and allowed to collect. On a few occasions, his Mum (my SIL) has been REALLY late collecting meaning all the staff hanging about waiting to go home. I stay and wait as well because I would hate the think of my poor nephew alone with no other kids. Today was the longest day and we could not get hold of SIL.

It got to the point where I suggested that if she did not arrive in 5 minutes I would take him and drop him straight off at my MIL's house meaning I would be 4 under 5's but literally in the car, 2 minutes down the road. (I have enough spaces and car seats to accommodate)

Would that be allowed as it is sort of an urgent situation? The playschool deputy manager is getting so annoyed with the lateness... The reason... SIL MASSAGE ran over time!!!!

Kiddleywinks
22-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Not sure on the legality side of it as nephew isn't a minded chid (ie paying), but if you are an emergency contact I would think it'd be ok.
I understand where you're coming from with it being your nephew, however, this is your SIL and preschool's problem that they need to tackle and get sorted. I also think because she knows you'll step in, she's taking advantage of your good nature.

FussyElmo
22-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I suppose the answer is no. You would be over your numbers and its not for continuity of care or anything.

Worse case scenario a car hits you while you are driving home. Chikd sufferers whiplash ofsted involved they find you over your numbers public liability is then void.

Is it worth it?

wendywu
22-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Tell SIL to get her act together :angry:

wendywu
22-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Or get nursery to phone MIL to come an get him :laughing:

Becci26
22-04-2013, 03:41 PM
I would say no, it's not continuity of care nor is it an emergency,

Your sil is taking the mickey, she knows you will pick up the slack, and I would be fuming!!

I can see your point as its bit fair on your nephew but it's an issue that needs to be addressed between the preschool and ur sil really.

christine e
22-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Big fat NO from me:laughing:seriously your sil is the taking the mickey

clareelizabeth1
22-04-2013, 04:18 PM
You need to talk to your SIL or maybe your brother and get them to get MIL to do pick up if they are unable to.