PDA

View Full Version : Car seats for a Vauxhall Zafira?

nipper
22-04-2013, 09:33 AM
As the title says, just looking for good ideas for combinations of car seats across the middle row of a Zafira. At the moment I have two Isofix Britax car seats (Duo plus) that allow me to slide the middle row forwards, without having to slacken the belts off. I put the three year old in the back row with a Group 2,3 seat that uses the seat belt to secure, obviously I can trust her not to fiddle or undo the car seat and it's also easier to reach in in and fasten the belt for her.

Ideally I would like to replace the Duo Pluses with a 1,2,3 car seat that would fit both a hefty 12 month year old and a slim 3 year old. I know that car seats should fit according to the weight/size of the child, not their age. I have had a look at Ebay (not second hand) as well as Kiddisave but unless I spend hundreds of ££££s I'm pretty limited. Now that I have tried Isofix, I think that's more preferable than car seats that use the belts for securing.

Any suggestions welcome.

amanda1309
22-04-2013, 11:01 AM
I've just bought a zafira and have looked and looked for isofix car seats. The cheapest isofix 1,2,3 car seat I found is from halfords and cost £180 it's pricey but does form 9 months to 12 years

nipper
22-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Ooh that's pricey. I would need two maybe three. I wonder how wide they are too. Any wider than 45cm would be pushing it.

amanda1309
22-04-2013, 01:31 PM
I've just bought one and am saving for second to replace my old britax isofix. I only have isofix on outside seats so only getting two of them, don't need a booster in middle as a 11 year old sits there and I have a high backed booster and cheap 1,2,3 with a seat belt in my boot seats.
I will measure the width when I go out to school and let you know. X