PDA

View Full Version : Milk bottle lids

greanan
21-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Need some ideas and inspiration from all you wonderful people. I've ended up with loads of milk bottle lids and no idea what to do with them all lol!! Any ideas would be fab :-)

loocyloo
21-04-2013, 04:20 PM
make holes in them for threading. ( scoobido laces are great for LO to thread with Scoubidou Strings x 50: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scoubidou-Strings-x-50/dp/B00756TA1C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366561044&sr=8-1&keywords=scoubidou+strings))

put into a HUGE box/bowl for sorting/counting activities. with little pots/dishes to put them into.

using permanent pen write numbers or letters on them? or draw eyes/mouths etc

put them in the sand or water tray.

cut holes in a shoe box and post the lids through.

use them with playdough.

make patterns & pictures with them.

seal up the ends of a long tube and put some in to make a shaker .

... i love milk bottle tops! i have been known to buy different milk, just because i want some purple or orange tops, rather than red,green or blue! :laughing:

greanan
21-04-2013, 05:16 PM
make holes in them for threading. ( scoobido laces are great for LO to thread with Scoubidou Strings x 50: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scoubidou-Strings-x-50/dp/B00756TA1C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366561044&sr=8-1&keywords=scoubidou+strings))

put into a HUGE box/bowl for sorting/counting activities. with little pots/dishes to put them into.

using permanent pen write numbers or letters on them? or draw eyes/mouths etc

put them in the sand or water tray.

cut holes in a shoe box and post the lids through.

use them with playdough.

make patterns & pictures with them.

seal up the ends of a long tube and put some in to make a shaker .

... i love milk bottle tops! i have been known to buy different milk, just because i want some purple or orange tops, rather than red,green or blue! :laughing:

Ooh I love these ideas, thank you!!

jillplum
21-04-2013, 05:44 PM
I use all sorts of tops and lids not just milk. They are all in a big plastic box for the children to play with. I have bought some stick on letters to make them an alphabet. I like the idea of using scoobies.

muddybootskids
21-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Like, like, like!!! Gonna tell hubby to start collecting them lol been out the loop since having the baby feel like I'm going back to my NVQ days! Lol thanks ladies xxx

supermumy
21-04-2013, 06:56 PM
I've just made a outdoor number line with comfort lids kids love it (pics in members photo section)
But loving the ideas of milk bottle lids

karensmart4
21-04-2013, 07:24 PM
One of our boys has a thing about balloons, he draws them, paints them, has balloons in his pocket, makes balloon animals (very clever at this).. well he loves to have bottle tops and create 'Art Attack' pictures on the floor of..... guess what........ yes Balloons :clapping:

We also have the letters of the alphabet written on them with additional vowels.

We use them in our playdough.

We have them for printing circles in our paints, solid and outline.

We also hide them in the sand all blue except one and that is the 'best treasure'.

greanan
21-04-2013, 10:26 PM
What fab ideas. I knew they'd be handy lol!!

greanan
21-04-2013, 10:29 PM
I've just made a outdoor number line with comfort lids kids love it (pics in members photo section)
But loving the ideas of milk bottle lids

Just had a look and love it!! I've also been collecting comfort lids but sadly don't have a fence, I have hedges the while way round :-(

littlemiss60561
22-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Last week , mine found the tub of lids and began sharing them out as treasure! They then made a massive picture with them. Green trees, blue sky and " sadly" only 2 clouds... Lol so I've put a Request out to parents for white lids lol

greanan
22-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Last week , mine found the tub of lids and began sharing them out as treasure! They then made a massive picture with them. Green trees, blue sky and " sadly" only 2 clouds... Lol so I've put a Request out to parents for white lids lol

Most of mine are green. Think I'll need to switch milk just to get different coloured lids lol!!

Little miss
22-04-2013, 07:34 AM
I'm collecting too. Turning some into counting ladybirds with googly eyes - doesn't just have to be the red ones tho. Just need kids, black sharpie marker and two eyes.

supermumy
22-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Just had a look and love it!! I've also been collecting comfort lids but sadly don't have a fence, I have hedges the while way round :-(

Could you not put in 2 posts and hang the string across them or I worried about string get some bamboo with string in middle to make safer ;)

bunyip
22-04-2013, 10:05 AM
When you're done with them, Lush shops will recycle the lids (if they aren't covered in paint, etc.) Handy, cos a lot of councils will only recycle bottles with the lids removed. The plastic is the same as many of Lush's containers. It should show a number 2 within a triangular recycling symbol on the inside of the lid. :)

marie55
22-04-2013, 10:11 AM
As above :thumbsup: We also save the tops off air freshener cans. Take the centre out, string them together. Been used as a musical instrument, counting beads, colour recognition, bracelet, caterpillar etc
Found the calculator idea on Facebook

greanan
22-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Brilliant ideas. Thanks everyone!! :-)