PDA

View Full Version : Moving house, CM deposit

busybee81
20-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Hi, I am thinking of moving house only a 10 mins walk from where I am now. I am holding a deposit for a baby starting in June if mum decides she doesn't want the place anymore because I have moved do I have to return the deposit because its me that has changed something?
I really hope they decide to still come to me they are a lovely family, it's just they both don't drive and where I am now is literally on the tram station door step, I wondering if this is why they chose me. It is still only 10 mins away though. I am waffling now sorry.
Thanks in advance :)

Petshrinklj
20-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Goodluck hope they stay with you. I would give the deposit back if they cancelled as there agreement was made with you providing childcare at your current property. Have you told them about move yet? Goodluck hope they don't mind. I would have thought they must have liked you though and wated you as childminder as I couldn't imagine anyone choosing a childminder just based on where they live though. So I think there's a good chance they will stick with you especially as you are not moving far.

QualityCare
20-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Even though you havn't said you can't have them any more, the reason you would give deposit back, the fact that you are moving would, l think, be a reason to give it back if they decide to not use you, but in all honesty would they really change their minds if they had to walk 10mins from tram stop is there another childminder between new house and old one. speak to them once you know if you are definitely moving.

Kiddleywinks
20-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I would refund the deposit in this instance, but parent might be ok with the move so don't get in a flap when you inform her :thumbsup:

busybee81
20-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks I did think the same, hopefully they will move with me I just wanted to if they don't. I am vowing the house at lunch time so will make a decision then and probs ring mum this afternoon if we decide to go ahead.
Thankyou

smurfette
20-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks I did think the same, hopefully they will move with me I just wanted to if they don't. I am vowing the house at lunch time so will make a decision then and probs ring mum this afternoon if we decide to go ahead.
Thankyou

Best of luck so exciting house hunting!!

busybee81
25-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Saw the house on sat was lovely but 2 of us went for it the other couple got it, gutted! Went to view another on Tuesday they was again ideal and were happy with us, but then rang last night and said they want to have a think about it as they are not sure they want a business running from the house. So upset!!!

Petshrinklj
25-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Oh no what a shame. Fingers crossed you might still get second one after they have thought about it a bit. When will they let you know decision?

SJ35
25-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Saw the house on sat was lovely but 2 of us went for it the other couple got it, gutted! Went to view another on Tuesday they was again ideal and were happy with us, but then rang last night and said they want to have a think about it as they are not sure they want a business running from the house. So upset!!!

We had this when we moved, I showed them all my insurance certs, ofsted cert, and my folder of risk assessments. They were so shocked at all the paperwork we have to do that they said they could see we would look after the house better than the other people would , and we got the house :) x

clareelizabeth1
25-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Hope you get it. I had to ask my landlord permission to childminder he found it laughable that I had to get his permission and gave it strait away. Hope your lucky too.

busybee81
08-05-2013, 08:36 PM
No didn't get the house,