PDA

View Full Version : Who was it?.......

Nicola Carlyle
18-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Ok so I remembered reading a post in the past week it two and someone mentioned about kiddies never telling them what they had done during the day. Someone suggested that they find using the term "so what was your favourite thing you have done today?"

Well I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!!!

After the school run we all sit at the table and have snack together. I generally just chat away and have a giggle with the kids but they always seemed to "forget" what they had done at school. I took to asking the same question really but using the phrase above and what do you know???????? They ALL have an answer lol. I did laugh out loud at the end though.

I do love this forum!

mama2three
19-04-2013, 06:22 AM
it might have been me , I know its advice I was offered years ago and regularly share. It works doesnt it? Thanks for the thanks!!

sarah707
19-04-2013, 07:51 AM
We ask lots of questions like that at tea time - what did you learn today? usually gets them all sharing their achievements :D

Maza
19-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Brilliant! I will have to try that one. The simplest ideas are always the best!

loocyloo
19-04-2013, 08:19 AM
i always ask 'what was your favourite/funniest/silliest thing that happened at school today?' on the way home :D

if i forget to ask ... they still tell me!

and what is really sweet, my schoolies then ask the LOs what their favourite thing of the day was!

Daisy De
19-04-2013, 08:25 AM
I read that thread and also thought how good that question was, now use it too and always get an answer.

Passed it onto a parent who said lo never tells her what he does at pre-school, she now thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread :laughing:

lor
19-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Have been asking my girls for years, what was the best thing about your day with my own 2 girls for years
Has I used to get really sad when they only seemed to have negative things to say.

xxx

manjay
19-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I always phrase it this way to my own 6yr old ds as he often has 'done nothing' at school. Earlier this week his answer was 'listening to Miss x and Miss x talking about finding boyfriends on the internet':rolleyes:. He did admit they were whispering so he thought he shouldn't be listening but it did lead on to an interesting debate between us on how and why people use the internet to find partners:D

sarak31
19-04-2013, 11:28 AM
We always do 'best bits' and 'worst bits' of the day - have often found out about playground / social type things that they need a bit of support with from worst bit and then the best bits are always good to know too!!!