PDA

View Full Version : how long for settling in?

Carolc
18-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I have been asked to take a 5 month old baby. How long would you do for settling in? X

miffy
18-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Do you mean how many settling in visits would you do or how long you put on the contract?

I do as many settling in visits as I think is necessary ( sorry if that doesn't seem much help). On the contract I always have a four week settling in period when the contract can be cancelled by either me or the parent without having to serve the full notice period.

Miffy xx

Carolc
18-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Sorry, yes visits. I don't know if there is a bit on the scma contracts about settling in period for cancelling x

miffy
18-04-2013, 10:01 PM
I didn't realise you we're in Scotland - have no idea what it says on the contracts there.

I'd get as much info from mum about routines as you can then try a couple of visits and see how things go. I don't charge for settling in visits but I know some childminders do or offer a couple of hours free and then charge for anything over that.

Miffy xx

Carolc
18-04-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm not charging for settling in either. They are coming for a visit on Wed afternoon. He Is young enough to maybe not need that many days settling in Xx

blue bear
19-04-2013, 03:18 AM
settling in sessions are more to make the parent comfortable than the child, baby will take a while to settle into the new routine etc and can only really do that once he starts properly with you and mum is back and work. I usually offer x hour free settling in but have been known to do more or less depending on the family.