PDA

View Full Version : Baby Mindee

Zoomie
18-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I have never had a 6m mindee before and we have been doing some settling ins, each lasting just 1 hour. Mindee is probably okay for about 15-20 mins and then just cries on and off for the rest of the time. He appears to do this with grandparent too, so mum is aware, but how do I reassure her? Baby mindee does have an older sibling here at the same time. Is he likely to get better. Contract is for 2 half days a week, so not much time here, when we do start proper hours next week, and the fact that I will have 3 under 2.5y is going to be a serious challenge. Already had all three screaming cos old two both wanted same toy.

smurfette
18-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Aw it's tough isn't it? I have one settling in now and have had lots of crying days but today was better .. She is 12 months.. I think your little one at 6 months should settle quick enough so hang in there!

Rolacolapink
18-04-2013, 09:15 PM
I've just taken on a 7 month old who is fine for her mum but cries with me as soon as I put her down. She is a lovely little girl but the separation anxiety seems to have crept in at an early age!! She's had a few half day settling in sessions but today was her first full day with me. She was a little hard work for the first part of the day but the rest of the day she was great. I found that changes of scenery helped such as she loved the school run and being in the pushchair nosing around, she loved soft play with all the toys surrounding her however I found it was when we were at my house she got upset. I'm going to do more work on the floor with her, gradually edging away but being in sight and sound so she feels secure. Gosh it's such a different scenario with babies versus 3 year olds!

Zoomie
19-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I have found going out for a buggy walk a godsend when settling in before. Just hope those black clouds don't deliver a downpour. Trying for 1.5h today.

Zoomie
19-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Had a really good visit with the baby mindee today. Was here for 1.5 hour, didn't cry for first 30 mins and then only on two occasions after that.

We're going for the full morning visit on Monday (and 3 other mindees :eeeek:)

kp0781
19-04-2013, 09:04 PM
I have a 10 1/2 mo who has been with me god2 months. She does10 hours a day 4 x a week

kp0781
19-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Sorry pressed send too soon. She has been with me 2 months. First 3 weeks she cried solidly which was tough as I am 1 over numbers with my own baby the same age. She now seems to have settled really well and is happy more than she is upset. It is tough with the younger ones but that's all I know!!