PDA

View Full Version : Where to find local CM friends?

MrsP2C
18-04-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm fairly new to CM and know all (4!) of CM in my village but 2 are very chummy & already do everything together, one only has school age TTO & the other works very PT & is reducing her hours soon anyway but, I'd really like to get to know a local CM (or 2!) who don't already have a network of CM pals and would be interested in getting together with the kids occasionally.

I have a couple of regular toddler groups I attend & am friendly with lots of the mum's there & have friends I meet up with I'm just with my DC, but it's not the same & when you've got long days to fill especially in the holidays I do find the job quite lonely & would love some adult company especially as my DH works such long hours.

I've joined my local NCMA group and try to go once a month as everyone is very friendly, but, all in established groups. So any suggestions for where to meet fellow CM's particularly newish ones who might be interested in hooking up for play-dates, outings, sharing information & some grown-up conversation & company occasionally!
MrsP2C

Optimalstar
18-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Where abouts are you? Just wondering if anyone on here might be near to you.

muffins
18-04-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm in Deal, Kent, where abouts are you? x

MrsP2C
18-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Tunbridge Wells so sadly a bit far from Deal!

nikki thomson
18-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi, there should be a cm group in your local sure start centre, where you could meet local cm.
There not for everyone, I can only cope about once every six weeks at our local one as there very loud (the cm that is), but the lo likes it, we do arts and crafts and there's a couple of cm who are nice, always worth a go I think. X