PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Over Numbers - Advice needed please

Christi
18-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Been one of those days! Short version, parent of two children went to a funeral and got held up coming back. So instead of original plan: meet at preschool to collect eldest and hand over youngest I was stuck. Luckily she had been able to warn me (and to be fair she did try and arrange someone else to collect them) so I was able to take my husband with me.
I ended up with seven under 8's and one over. It was for just over an hour. In my attendance register I've recorded what happened and signed it. Should I ask the parent to sign it too? What about Ofsted, do I need to contact them?
Thanks

Zoomie
18-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I once went over my numbers (just EY children though) and I contacted Ofsted to advise them. They asked me to provide details in writing (it was a similar situation - parent delayed and I had other children to collect) and they replied that they would just keep a copy on my file.

I would get parent to complete an incident form (stating situation of them being late) so that you have written evidence of the cause.

Christi
18-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks, will phone them in the morning and write up a more formal report.