View Full Version : 3 yo funding

18-04-2013, 01:57 PM
I have a brother and sister who are with me. The eldest will be eligible for 3yo funding in September but wont be going to nursery until January 2014 as our nursery has 2 intakes.

So should I give them the funding from Sept giving them a discount but then in January when shes at nursery thier fees will rise as I'll be 15 hours out of pocket.

Or should I just not offer the funding then it wont make a difference in January.

18-04-2013, 02:24 PM
wow - tricky

I probably would try and get away with not offering the funding dependent on how understanding and realistic the parents are, do you think they would understand in theory and practice the payment structure? To be honest most wouldn't, but then again it's a lot of money to effectively with hold from parents.

How would you be fixed, not sure what region your in but if a child attends two settings in Leeds both settings split the funding pro rata, this could be tricky if its a school nursery as to my knowledge they want the whole 5 sessions.

hectors house
18-04-2013, 04:04 PM
If you do offer funded places I would point out to the mum that she can split funding between you and Nursery but she needs to decide which days she wants to use the funding with you from September - she can't have 15 hours til January if she is then going to send that child to Nursery for some of your days or just explain that although the fees will go down in Sept they will be going back up in January.

18-04-2013, 04:36 PM
The problem is that when she starts nursery in January it will be Mon-Fri 3 hours a day as its a school nursery.

18-04-2013, 04:44 PM
In our area the funding runs in Terms, not sure if it's the case everywhere - so could you offer funding for the Autumn Term but not in the Spring Term? When this happens here, we just put 0 in the box when the child isn't claiming for that term