PDA

View Full Version : hi. Newbie here with couple of questions

ladylipgloss
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Just found this site and it looks great. I have been registered as a childminder since last year but just after being registered we moved house. Our new house needed building work and extension so decided to put childminding on hold. However, i will now be commencing in september when the downstairs rooms in my house will be finished. I need to change address on my reg certificate but will ofsted want to come and inspect premises before that? If they come before sept the house will not be finished. Also, does anyone know where i can download a risk assessment form.

My next question is, how likely is it that ofsted will allow me to have 4 under 3's? I have been asked to have 2 boys (siblings) on mon, tues and weds term time only. Also, another parent wants me have 2 yr old twins 1 day per week on a weds term time only. This means i will have 4 under 5's 1 day per week. Do you think they will allow this?

Sorry for the long winded post and rambling on! :)

Pipsqueak
02-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Hello and welcome Lippy

Long winded and rambling - you wait till you see some real ramblings!!! Plenty of hot air blowing around here!!! lol:laughing:

RA's check out Bromley site for some basics that you can adapt and add too. Sarah Nev (click on her link at the bottom of her posts) sells lots really great material including RA's.

Pipsqueak
02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
My next question is, how likely is it that ofsted will allow me to have 4 under 3's? I have been asked to have 2 boys (siblings) on mon, tues and weds term time only. Also, another parent wants me have 2 yr old twins 1 day per week on a weds term time only. This means i will have 4 under 5's 1 day per week. Do you think they will allow this?

Sorry for the long winded post and rambling on! :)

You won;t know unless you try - and although I can't help you with wording a letter (not had to do it myself being "unemployed" ish) lol, there are many others who will be able to help

Good luck

ladylipgloss
03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
just bumping up to see if anyone else can offer advice. :)

thanks.

chez1373
03-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi,
Yes Ofsted will need to come out and check your new home etc just the normal checks nothing major.
Also im sure if you send in a detailed letter asking for a variation in your numbers and explain how you will handle so many little ones and getting to a fro etc

Hope this helps you out xx