PDA

View Full Version : Advice on keeping copies of plans

Houlgated
17-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Just wondered if we are supposed to keep copies of all plans. I use Sarah's play plan for my mindee so that obviously stays in the LJ but if I do other plans for display purposes eg group plans (when I get more mindee's) do they need to be copied and put in each child's LJ too or can I use a laminated form and a dry marker and just wipe it clean and re-write each time I change the plan. I'm just trying to save space in folders where possible and prevent copies of stuff that's not necessary, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot if Ofsted want to see copies of all previous plans. Any advice appreciated, thanks

blue bear
19-04-2013, 03:32 AM
if you don't keep copies, what are you going to show ofsted as evidence of your planning? My plans have notes written all over them, what went well, ideas to change for next time, notes about next steps for individual children allsorts really, Ofsted like to see evidence of this as it shows how you use the plan, what use it has been and the effects it has had on the child's learning. One inspector told me she is all suspicious of super neat planning sheets as you could have just written them up for the inspection.

sarah707
19-04-2013, 07:54 AM
I would suggest at least between inspection cycles.

Remember written group planning is not a statutory requirement but it is very good practice to be able to show evidence of what you do - and how you evaluate what you do is important for your personal CPD!

If you use a wipe clean board I always recommend taking a photo of it before wiping it clean for the next week.

If you build up a file of your monthly planning it will be an invaluable resource in years to come - and save you time!

Hth :D

BuggsieMoo
19-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Just wondered if we are supposed to keep copies of all plans. I use Sarah's play plan for my mindee so that obviously stays in the LJ but if I do other plans for display purposes eg group plans (when I get more mindee's) do they need to be copied and put in each child's LJ too or can I use a laminated form and a dry marker and just wipe it clean and re-write each time I change the plan. I'm just trying to save space in folders where possible and prevent copies of stuff that's not necessary, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot if Ofsted want to see copies of all previous plans. Any advice appreciated, thanks

Sarah707

Please can you advise what ebook this relates to as id love to have a look. I have some of yours already but not too sure if this is in that one (and I lost them all anyway as my computer went bang and they were saved to my harddrive - eek)

sarah707
19-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Sarah707

Please can you advise what ebook this relates to as id love to have a look. I have some of yours already but not too sure if this is in that one (and I lost them all anyway as my computer went bang and they were saved to my harddrive - eek)

1. My play plan is here - http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/activity-ideas/112861-chinese-new-year-feb-week-1-planning.html

There is an older copy in free resources as well - I must remember to update it!

2. I do not charge for updates / replacements - please contact me with your buying details.

:D

Houlgated
19-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the replies, you have made some valid points which i just wasn't thinking about the other night. I have one lockable wall cupboard which i keep all my paperwork in and it's getting quite full so was just thinking how to save space, but i don't suppose play plans really need to be locked away so i will put them in a folder and find another space for them.