PDA

View Full Version : Argh argh argh

Minstrel
17-04-2013, 05:08 PM
That's better!

Parents! I obviously can't please everyone and I'm sick of hearing about it.

This time it's a holiday during term time which 'you have a contract to provide me with care for my children after school during term time and this doesn't sit right with me, what can we do?'

Err nothing- I work all year round and do not offer to never take time off.

Minstrel
17-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh and this holiday is 6 months away!

sarah707
17-04-2013, 05:14 PM
oh Minstrel how could you inconvenience parents like that? :panic: :rolleyes:

Where are you going? Somewhere nice and warm I hope! :clapping:

Koala
17-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Haaaa Haaaaaa do you not run your life around others!?

I bet its a teacher?

Minstrel
17-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Yes I'm off to Tenerife - cant wait!

And no it's not a teacher, just doesn't want to keep using up her holiday, looking after her own Dcs.

marnieb
17-04-2013, 05:41 PM
god forbid the parents should care for their own children for a whole week?????

Rough & Tumble
17-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Its really difficult, while I would be the first to say "if you don't like it then I think you need to find another childminder" I do completely understand there point, especially if they are term time contract only.

I also take holiday during term time, be it only one or two days either side of the school holiday. In order to avoid these situations I tell all new parents at the meeting stage that I do this. Also there may be days during term time where you have dentist appointments, doctors etc and need time off.

At the end of the day if you haven't specified when you're taking holiday they have to deal with it.

Have a great time x :cool:

The Juggler
17-04-2013, 09:24 PM
well honey, I suggest you cancel your holiday immediately and offer to look after the child whilst the parent herself takes her own holiday :rolleyes::laughing::laughing:

miffy
17-04-2013, 09:45 PM
honestly, some parents!

Six months notice and they're still whinging - you've hardly dropped it on them have you?

Next time just tell them however many weeks beforehand you have put in the contract - mine says only two weeks notice!

Miffy xx

MiniKins
17-04-2013, 09:58 PM
You will of course be expected to take her child on holiday with you (don't forget to risk assess) ~ just make sure she's signed your 'Treating CMs as a Doormat' parental permission form. :rolleyes:

wendywu
17-04-2013, 10:36 PM
honestly, some parents!

Six months notice and they're still whinging - you've hardly dropped it on them have you?

Next time just tell them however many weeks beforehand you have put in the contract - mine says only two weeks notice!

Miffy xx

Six months is nothing I gave 15 months and it was still not right. :angry:

Minstrel
18-04-2013, 05:21 PM
It's the straw that broke the camels back. I had a chat with DH today and I'm going to give notice at the end of this academic year.

Green members will know my previous trials with her.

Jenna
18-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Some parents we go away in 2 weeks time only a week in Devon but its a break and I'm really looking forward to it I gave patents notice in January when we booked it then one parent asked me today if I had extra room 2 days that week. I'm sure no one listens to me at all. On last months bills I even wrote don't forget we're away wk starting 29th April. I wonder how many will turn up with no one here !!!!

miffy
18-04-2013, 09:54 PM
It's the straw that broke the camels back. I had a chat with DH today and I'm going to give notice at the end of this academic year.

Green members will know my previous trials with her.

Good for you - she has no-one to blame but herself.

Miffy xx

blue bear
19-04-2013, 03:15 AM
Well done Minstrel, lets hope she learns from this, but probably not. I had a parent moan when i said now my children are bigger i will be taking holidays term time, she then said but next year i will only need holiday cover so dont take any time off in the holidays either. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: really I must be a bad girl to never deserve time off.