PDA

View Full Version : Pre-registration Visit done - phew!

Olivia's mum
17-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Hello all,

Just want to say thanks to all the support from the site, resources and advice! I had my pre-registration yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting!

So to all you out there don't panic, just do your homework and follow the pre-registration guidance you'll be fine. Most of it is common sense :)

Got some parents lined up so just waiting on my certificate now :)

:clapping:

sarah707
17-04-2013, 05:15 PM
It's never as bad as you think it might be! Well done you :D

frankies mummy
21-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi, I have mine tues, not slept since I had the call, I'm sooo nervous, any advise would be really appreciated, I think I have all my paperwork together but if you could give me an idea of what you had and what they Asked??

Many thanks in advance of any info xx

abzbargs
21-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi, I have mine tues, not slept since I had the call, I'm sooo nervous, any advise would be really appreciated, I think I have all my paperwork together but if you could give me an idea of what you had and what they Asked??

Many thanks in advance of any info xx

mines is on tuesday too! dreading it as I'm sure i'll be asked lots of questions I don't know the answer to. Good luck for yours on tuesday.

frankies mummy
22-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Same to you let me know how you get on and I'll do the same :) trying to read but it seems like it's not entering my head, think I'm in a panic xx

frankies mummy
23-04-2013, 08:49 PM
So had my inspection, never been so nervous in my life, but she left after 1.5 hours, and she is recommending me

i took forever cleaning and it took her 5 minutes to check whole house And garden :)

She asked a lot about safeguarding and the areas of learning, I got abit stumped coz I thought that she would read the questions from the preparing for registration, she did but worded them really different, but once I recognised what she was saying I was ok.

To top it off she was really lovely. Thank you everyone this site has been really helpfull.

Next inspection 6 months :panicking all ready lol

Thanks again x

abzbargs
23-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Excellent news Frnakies Mum!!! My pre-reg visit went well too. I'm in Scotland and she never asked me any difficult questions, just about myself and my husband, why i wanted to to be a childminder and who I would like to look after. My house is child friendly so I just had a couple of minor points to fix. My garden is very large and there's lots of things I need to do to fix it up, although I fairly easy. Part of the garden we'll not be able to use because there's an old lean-too that's not got shatter proof glass.

The next step is for her to read all of my policies, tell me what to change and then come back next month to check I've made the relevant changes. I'm hoping to be fully registered by start of June, in time to advertise:-)

Olivia's mum
25-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi,

sorry I don't appear to get notifications when people reply to my threads?
That is great news, it really isn't as bad as you think it's going to be and yes you spend forever preparing and its over in a second really!
I have my first parent visit today, nervous as want to make the right impression. Hoping my LO will take her nap so that she isn't causing havoc lol