PDA

View Full Version : Increase in Enquiries????

wellybelly
17-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Has anyone been getting more enquiries recently? I've had 6 enquiries today! 2 yesterday and 2 on Monday.... I am advertising on FIS and childcare.co.uk as full and I cannot believe the amount of people in my area looking for childcare. What's it like in other areas of the UK, I'm in the East Midlands.

jellytots2912
17-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Not had any enquiries for a while i am full anyway though x

chezzagriff
17-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I have only had 2 enquiries since Feb. All of the parents in my area of Liverpool seem to be posting on childcare.co.uk as that is where I filled my vacancies from and all of the childminders at the network meeting seem to be saying the same.

Ballette
17-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Not had any enquiries here for ages :(

loocyloo
17-04-2013, 04:52 PM
i've had lots recently - mainly as our afterschool club has closed down ( but bizarrely - not many people used it ... hence its closing! )

Houlgated
17-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Most of the childminders in my area have vacancies, I've not had an enquiry for ages and I'm losing my only ey mindee at the end of the summer term and I'm starting to panic!!

CH1957
17-04-2013, 04:55 PM
No enquiries for months despite advertising constantly. Ive never been full since I registered which is probably because there are so many CM's in this area.

Pixie dust
17-04-2013, 05:06 PM
i've had lots recently - mainly as our afterschool club has closed down ( but bizarrely - not many people used it ... hence its closing! )

No chance of our local after school club closing down as they charge £2.50 for the session..

Kiddleywinks
17-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Parents are finding out what schools their LO's are getting into for September near me - maybe that has something to do with the increase?

MrsP2C
17-04-2013, 05:39 PM
I've had loads of enquiries recently (Kent) all for September as our local school is taking on an extra class & there's no after school club. I'm having to turn then away as I'm currently full so just hoping I don't lose any of my existing families or I'll be kicking myself!

leeanne910
17-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Im loads too. West midlands!

Angela234
17-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I have had 1 enquiry this year that was yesterday there coming to see me Friday 2 days a week 6.30am start :panic:
but i'm losing one in June and this one wants to start in June 2 days and increase to 3 days in SEPT its for a 8 month girl
I really need the work its so quiet here

lizann
17-04-2013, 06:08 PM
not had any enquiries for months hoping some come along soon (my area Derbyshire)

sprinkles
17-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm in Scotland, just registered. I've got two lined up to start in July. Have had another 5 enquiries this year - wasn't registered in time for one, one changed hours at work as was going to be too expensive, one now has mil doing it for them instead, never heard anything from one since sending info ages ago and other is going to see nursery this week so waiting to hear back from them. My details have been passed onto a couple of parents by another minder in the last week or so but haven't heard anything yet.

It would be good if these enquiries wanted to use me! There's about 13 of us in the town and only a couple are actually full.

shortstuff
17-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I seem to be in an area where there arent enough CMs as Im always getting enquiries. Im very lucky I know. I have a family coming to meet me on saturday for september start. That will be three families now after 1 space which I have opening.

Ive been in a very lucky position to need to turn down about 8 families in the last 6 weeks.

JumpingJacks
17-04-2013, 08:09 PM
I've had 4 this week although not taking on til September , there does seem to be an influx atm though in our area!

scottishlass
17-04-2013, 08:58 PM
I am in Edinburgh and have had loads of enquiries especially for after school kids - not many cm in my area at all and parents are struggling to find care. I do say I don't have spaces at the moment as although I am technically not full yet I enjoy having some quieter days! Xx