PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance who with????

mmichellled
17-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Hello

I am currently insured with quote me happy. I have business cover and was just about to change my employment to childminder online. I felt I just needed to check what this covered me for (not if!) but have been informed they don't cover childminders. I think I may contact trading standards as this is ridiculous as they let me change my occupation. Now I need to find new insurance and am wondering if this is common or if there is anyone you would recommend to cover childminders.

Thank you

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2013, 11:31 AM
I am with Churchill - not extra cost for having Class 1 and the more insurance you have with them, the cheaper everything is

Becci26
17-04-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm with Sheila's wheels, cheapest around and insured my 8 seater :D

lashely
17-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Sheila's wheels are great

mmichellled
17-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I had full business cover and was down as a childminder but they do not cover childminders while driving mindees. Might be worth a call to check you are covered. I would only have been covered when driving without mindees. Ridiculous and I am going to contact trading standards.

Houlgated
17-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm with direct line and class 1 is included automatically

skatie
17-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm with direct line too and was impressed that it was automatically included, makes life easier, no extra charges.

supermumy
17-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Most standard car insurance even with business insurance do NOT cover childminders
I've rang so many even big names and when u say u need business insurance that's fine but actually ask them are you covered for carry children and the whole process changes and most say no.

I'm with Morton michael have been for years and they been cheapest for me also :)

skatie
17-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Most standard car insurance even with business insurance do NOT cover childminders
I've rang so many even big names and when u say u need business insurance that's fine but actually ask them are you covered for carry children and the whole process changes and most say no.

I'm with Morton michael have been for years and they been cheapest for me also :)

That's interesting, I specifically asked if I would be covered under business class as a childminder and was told yes by Direct Line but have nothing in writing from them. Will ring in the morning to double, double check to put my mind at ease.

The Juggler
17-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm with Sheila's wheels, cheapest around and insured my 8 seater :D

me too :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
17-04-2013, 10:20 PM
I have been with Churchill, Blu Fin, Morton Michel and I have just renewed for the second year with Tesco. I shop around every year and go for the cheapest.