PDA

View Full Version : car insurance

NicoleW
17-04-2013, 09:46 AM
I am just about to pass my test and I am looking at insurance. I know some of you use churchill and morton michael but I have just been quoted over 2k for a vauxhall corsa! (1.2l)

Does childminding car insurance need to specify for childminding purposes or does business class 1 suffice?

suziealderton
17-04-2013, 10:01 AM
I am just about to pass my test and I am looking at insurance. I know some of you use churchill and morton michael but I have just been quoted over 2k for a vauxhall corsa! (1.2l)

Does childminding car insurance need to specify for childminding purposes or does business class 1 suffice?

good luck for your test nicole! how old are you? luckily im getting on a bit now which seems to bring my premium down! ;-) i went through compare the market-put on business cover and it asked for your occupation so i put in childminder x

QualityCare
17-04-2013, 10:02 AM
class 1 business, they usually ask what you do anyway, l get mine through bluefin they have been cheapest for the last 4yrs, ring several companies direct and several brokers, go compare can be useful as a starting point.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Class 1 Business Use is all you need.

Have you thought about being an additional driver on DH's insurance. I am with churchill and both drivers acrue no claims if they stay with them

NicoleW
17-04-2013, 10:41 AM
I am 23.

Yeah my partner is on as a named driver and he has been driving for 18 years so it brings it down a bit.

Will have a look at bluefin thanks

Tazmin68
17-04-2013, 01:34 PM
I moved from bluefin to aviva funny as the bluefin was underwritten by aviva