PDA

View Full Version : Treasure baskets

Houlgated
16-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Just trying to expand my treasure basket/box and after ideas of what else i can put in mine. I currently have things like different pieces of material, wooden nail brush, wooden massagers, fir cones, and i know i used to have a load of other things but they have all vanished and my mind is blank of what to collect to replenish it. I'd be grateful of any ideas, thanks

MrsP2C
16-04-2013, 09:40 PM
In mine I've got: A loofah, soft nail brush, rubber doorstop, empty cotton reel, one of those bobbly foot massage things, a piece of hessian fabric, pine cone, metal spoon, a wooden rattle, a pot scourer & a piece of chiffon. HTH

tulip0803
17-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I have also got a wooden egg shaped shaker, metal spiral egg cup, wooden massager, small hessian bag, loofah, silk hair scrunchie, handmade patchwork leather pencil case, small wooden welsh love spoon, small plastic bottle with rice in for a shaker, wooden pretzel shape, small cotton drawstring bag, small box, shell, smooth pebble, wooden scoop, nail brush, string with wooden circles on it, small bags with star anise, cloves & lavender in them to smell, small wooden brush and mirror.

loocyloo
17-04-2013, 08:31 AM
i have a huge box full of things, and then put a selection into a smaller basket!

i like to add a fresh lemon or orange.

in addition to other lists, i also have postcards, scourers, keyrings & keys, rubber eggs, assorted bits of wood/stone/shell, metal bowls, measuring spoons, purses, hankies, little bags, one of those toys that when you tip it over it moos like a cow!, a silver foil blanket, assorted bits of fabric, rubber plug, lots of different types of spoons, (sturdy) china ornaments, china tea cup & saucer, large fake crystal/diamond, bees wax in a gauze bag, pot pourri in a gauze bag, big feathers, pretty ribbons & shoe laces, balls/cubes with glitter/items floating inside, shaker eggs and little sound bottles ( clear plastic with rice/couscous/pasta etc inside ), an old magazine/catalogue, felt ball ....

basically ANYTHING i see around that looks interesting! LOs favourite currently is a balloon whisk that sort of folds up flat into intself when you push it down on the floor ( can't explain in properly and i think its due to old age, rather than design! )

hectors house
17-04-2013, 08:33 AM
I look out for interesting things in bric a brac section of charity shops - have found some lovely small carved wooden african animals, some wooden clogs, metal springy egg cups, natural sponge & one of those shower scubby things, and I also have lots of things suggested by others - I am also adding to my tub of different buttons, I save florist cellophane, bubble wrap, metallic wrapping paper -

loocyloo
17-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I look out for interesting things in bric a brac section of charity shops - have found some lovely small carved wooden african animals, some wooden clogs, metal springy egg cups, natural sponge & one of those shower scubby things, and I also have lots of things suggested by others - I am also adding to my tub of different buttons, I save florist cellophane, bubble wrap, metallic wrapping paper -

the lady in the local charity shops saves things she thinks might be of interest to me and when i am passing ( several times a week ) she often calls out to me and we go & see what she has found :D she had a box of marble eggs donated just after easter and rang me as she was so excited and knew i would love them :laughing:

lol she also gives me stuff she can't sell, like bashed trays or bowls etc 'cos she knows i'll have them for the garden!!!

Houlgated
28-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Thankyou everyone, there's some great ideas there. I will definitely have a look around some local charity shops for anything suitable :)