PDA

View Full Version : No show on first parent visit

leah.kyranidis
16-04-2013, 06:58 PM
I can't believe it, I text the parent last night to confirm and she said she was coming! Supposed to turn up at 7, so I kept my little ones up to meet the little girl and they don't turn up! I text the mum at 7.45pm to see if she was coming and apparently she is still at work and forgot to call!

So annoyed x

sprinkles
16-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I hate people who are late or don't turn up and don't even think to let you know!!

Looks like it's been a bit of a down day for both of us! Who knew starting out would be so hard?!

leah.kyranidis
16-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I didn't realise it would be so hard either! I have messaged so many parents on childcare.co.uk and not had 1 message back! Would just be polite for them to reply even if try no longer needed care! Hopefully it will start to pick up for us both soon x

KatieFS
16-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Well once I had a parent visit, she was 20 mins late but seemed nice.
When she turned up with little boy I made her a tea then went in garden. My kids on trampoline. Little one wandering around.
She disappears indoors, i mean while an left with this little boy i dont know. I think oh maybe she is seeing how he is with me. Ten mins later I see her drinking tea and on her phone sitting on my sofa.
She eventually comes back in the garden after about 20 mins saying she had to take a call. The boy then says he is hungry. She says do you have a biscuit he can have. I then bring him a banana. Then she is back on her phone albeit in the garden still. I'm now thinking am I babysitting here??? They've been at my place about an hour, it seems they are in no hurry to go. Boy is playing (bit boisterous) Mum off and on phone texting. Doesnt seem interested in me or her own child really. argh! then i make up an excuse saying I need to take my kids somewhere to get them to go.
The best bit..I didn't even hear back from her! Seriously!!!!!!!!
Suffice to say it would not have worked!

Little miss
16-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Sounds like you had a lucky escape!

chriss
16-04-2013, 09:59 PM
sounds like she had a nice little break at yours, might pop in myself lol. Bloomin cheeky mare !!