PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay out of it?

lorettacritchet
16-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Well I am kinda torn between "its not my business" and then the other side of "that's not great and why should they should be allowed to get away with it".

My ordinary holiday cover childminder couldn't help me out for my two days off this week so been looking around for an alternate. Found a childminder up my road and i thought fab, other kids' parents won't need to travel far.....HOWEVER when i rang her she stated she worked between 6-10am in employed/contract work at Boots and the hours i needed were a school run and early morning drop off, so she suggests her husband can do it. I asked the question of "is he registered", she replied " No,but he has just done his childminding course". I asked if she knew no kids were allowed to remain in the care of someone not registered for childminding and she said she did.....

I am soo peeved off, was looking at an ok option but that has completely put me off. I am not prepared to take risks or ruin my reputation for two days off so i may have to cancel them.

Would anyone whistleblow on her? I am kinda of torn that i would not like it if someone did with me but then isn't this classed as a duty.....i just keep fighting with my conscience....at the mo i am 70% not to do anything and not to use her.....someone please give me some advice.

Mouse
16-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Before you do anything I would check he has to be registered.

How old are the children, will he have them for less than 2 hours a day?

If you find out that he really shouldn't be doing it, then I just wouldn't pass the details on to your mndee's parents.

lorettacritchet
16-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah if he is minding kids and taking them to school, he has no crb or first aid and not registered with ofsted then I am assuming he should not be with/alone with the kids at all, he would been "looking after" them for two hours in the morning.

Before you do anything I would check he has to be registered.

How old are the children, will he have them for less than 2 hours a day?

If you find out that he really shouldn't be doing it, then I just wouldn't pass the details on to your mndee's parents.

hectors house
16-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Well he will have a CRB as a childminders husband - maybe it's not something he would normally do, maybe his wife was just trying to help you out.

Mouse
16-04-2013, 05:48 PM
If he has them for no longer than 2 hours a day then he doesn't have to be registered. The same if the children are over 8, he doesn't have to be registered.

He should already be CRB checked as he is a childminder's husband. but he won't have insurance.

Personally, I wouldn't send my mindees to him as he isn't registered, but it doesn't mean he is necessarily doing anything illegal if he did have them.

little chickee
16-04-2013, 06:02 PM
What I want to add is that even if you can't get another cm to cover I would not be cancelling my days off.
Its the parents responsibility to arrange cover not yours.

if you can help them find someone thats great but if not its up to the parents.

mama2three
16-04-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree with Mouse - but just wondering why you are thinking of cancelling your time off. Whilst I will try and help parents get cover it remains their responsibility and not mine. Otherwise I may never get any time off again!!

Bob
16-04-2013, 06:40 PM
He will have been CRB checked as a husband. As soon as she registers him as her assistant he can help but not be alone with children. As soon as he passes his paediatric first aid course he is then allowed to be alone with the children as long as the parents are aware that he is helping out and may look after the children on his own sometimes. She may not be doing anything wrong at all.

wendywu
16-04-2013, 09:43 PM
I would do nothing :panic: