PDA

View Full Version : Arghhh!!

sprinkles
16-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Starting to think I'm totally wasting my time!! Had a mum visit on Sunday, really keen for me to have little one (it was only Saturday mornings when needed as she is on call) so she said she was going to contact me about settling in etc.

Just got a voicemail from her saying she doesn't need me now, or at least not til the end of June! Her mil is now going to do Saturday mornings but she doesn't know if it's permanent. So...in other words she's going to contact me if she needs me...pffft!!

Not holding my breath about the one that's going to look at the nursery either.

Feel like giving up before I've even begun, it's like I'm cursed!! 11 months to get registered and now just being mucked about by parents! :(

lorettacritchet
16-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Yeah I have been mucked about loads by parents promising they need help and then the MIL goes into help or they find some other route. I have learnt from my mistakes and now don't get excited about a prospective client until they have signed and sealed the contract!

Starting to think I'm totally wasting my time!! Had a mum visit on Sunday, really keen for me to have little one (it was only Saturday mornings when needed as she is on call) so she said she was going to contact me about settling in etc.

Just got a voicemail from her saying she doesn't need me now, or at least not til the end of June! Her mil is now going to do Saturday mornings but she doesn't know if it's permanent. So...in other words she's going to contact me if she needs me...pffft!!

Not holding my breath about the one that's going to look at the nursery either.

Feel like giving up before I've even begun, it's like I'm cursed!! 11 months to get registered and now just being mucked about by parents! :(

vickie-marieo
16-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Head up, it will all come together! I realise it's frustrating but it will work out if meant to be (: thinking of you

clareelizabeth1
16-04-2013, 05:07 PM
It's always like this. I can't blame them if it was me looking for care for ds I would be the nightmare parent. Coming with my long list of questions. Giving a long list for things that he likes doesn't like. Going round every place in the area to see who i click with. Then checking all day to make sure he's ok before deciding I'm the only one who can look after him and becoming a childminder my self (ok I can't bare to leave him any one can look after him). Oh wait I did that.

You have to just grit your teeth and only get excited when they are through you door on the first day.

chezzagriff
16-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Dont give up. I was starting to think I had wasted my time when it was a month and a half before I got someone. I know how parents can be with working in nurseries but you will learn as you go along and try not to (I know its hard) get excited untill contracts are signed :thumbsup:

Becci26
16-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Tbh you will prob be grateful in the long run that it hasn't worked out, I know I was as weekends in my house is a very precious time!!

when I first registered I was willing to take on everything that came my way and one enquiry was for a baby 3 days a week, hours all over the place including some evenings and Saturdays, mum was keen as was I, but in the end it didn't come to anything as mum wanted to accompany me on school runs/ outings/ in the home - this was all before signing a contract, I put my foot down and asked mum to sign a contract before arranging next meeting - I never heard from her again. Initially I was like you and felt frustrated with the whole thing, but better things came along and I was full before I knew it :-)

Don't get despondent, it will all work out in the end x