PDA

View Full Version : Its happening !! :)

lubeam
16-04-2013, 02:00 PM
OMG!!! just phoned OFSTED and they have everything they need!!! that means prospect will be out soon!! ARRRR!

so I have all policies , risk assessment's , first aid , safe guarding and the LA run child minder course.

I have 3 kids already so my home is pretty child friendly, ive sorted the toys into boxes and made them assessable, ive put cupboard locks on the bleach cupboards.
ive answered all the questions from the OFSTED website from the pre reg thingi.

what else do I need?!

what else should I show?! ive got a wish list of all the things im going to get sand and water trays double buggies etc! I have a travel cot.

should I set my house up like I will when I have kids?! should I have planning of a topic in place?! should I have toys out or just leave them away ?! should I have a craft activity set up even thou theres no kids there?! arrrrrrrr

my heads going to pop!!!

any advise welcome :) I no I should chill lol :) thanks :)

Rick
16-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Yes chill!

You can obviously do it how you want. I didn't have an activity set up and most of my toys were in their boxes. I showed the inspector around and indicated what I had and what I would like to get. Of course you won't know yet what mindees you will have so you won't be expected to have all resources in place.

Try and know your answers as well as possible because it is not always possible to follow where you are with written answers when questions are being fired at you. It also reflects well if you don't have to constantly flick through the written answers. Remember the inspector wants you to pass so won't try and deliberately trip you up on questions.

It sounds like you have everything in place....good luck :thumbsup:

sarah707
16-04-2013, 05:06 PM
How exciting for you! You'll be fine - just work through the pre-inspection booklet and relax :D

lubeam
16-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks Sarah and rick , I got off the phone and was just like ARRRRRRRR lol
I never thought of knowing my answers that's a good idea ill do that thanks , I'm really excited now but then nervous just in case it all goes wrong :( the sooner it's over and done with the better coz ill get more wound up everyday I have to wait ! I'm terrible , can't help it !
Glad I'm nearly there thou :)

Rick
16-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks Sarah and rick , I got off the phone and was just like ARRRRRRRR lol
I never thought of knowing my answers that's a good idea ill do that thanks , I'm really excited now but then nervous just in case it all goes wrong :( the sooner it's over and done with the better coz ill get more wound up everyday I have to wait ! I'm terrible , can't help it !
Glad I'm nearly there thou :)

TBH the waiting is the worst bit. You will breeze through. You have done more than some others I know! Just make sure you understand all the questions, not learn word for word. I came back from a month in America and got the call the day after to come the following day and I managed it!
Good luck :D

lubeam
17-04-2013, 10:01 AM

lubeam
17-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Ps a month in America ! Wow ! Amazing how fab :)

Rick
17-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Ps a month in America ! Wow ! Amazing how fab :)

Yes we were visiting family. My wife's a teacher and I hadn't started working so it was probably the last opportunity!

phoenix2010
17-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Show them how you will track childrens development and that you have an understanding of what activities and experiences to offer the children so that you are covering all the areas of learning

lubeam
22-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Show them how you will track childrens development and that you have an understanding of what activities and experiences to offer the children so that you are covering all the areas of learning

thanks phoenix :)

lubeam
22-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Mrs O called today :clapping::jump for joy:
shes not coming until the 14th of may thou :crying: that seems forever away !!

hopefully she files her report quickly and Ofsted approve everything , anyone no how long it is from visit to knowing whether they pass you and getting your certificate ??!