PDA

View Full Version : Timetable

melco
15-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Hi,

I am looking for ideas on how I can put together a timetable for my two girls. They are quite good at getting up and they get dressed have breakfast and then they disappear upstairs and I think they are cleaning teeth etc but when they come down this has not been done and we end up in a mad panic cleaning teeth, doing hair as we are heading out the door, which gets me in a bad mood for the day. I speak to them about it the day before school and they always promise they will get ready and be ready on time but it never happens. If it was just them that would be late for school I would let it happen to teach them a lesson but have mindees to get to school as well and don't want them being late. I would like to put a timetable up for them that has times and what order they need to do things. Anyone got any ideas? Also they are 9 & 6 so don't want anything that they would class as being too young for them!!

Thanks

melco

mama2three
16-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Starting the day stresses isnt good for anyone is it?
Maybe get them to make their own timetables of pics in order they should do them. Then put on the times yourself?

I would probably divide and conquer too. Send them up seperately , less chance of distracting each other whether its chatting , squabbling , or playing.
And Id also set them to compete against each other. Give them a 'point' ( probably the 9 yr old thinks shes too old for stickers) for each task completed without reminders - then the person with the most points at the weekend chooses ....( whatever fits with your family - the dvd to watch , the icecream flavour to buy , the trip on sunday afternoon............)

Good Luck - my bigger 2 are thankfully past that now but I can really empathise!!

jackie 7
16-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Def separate them. Can one do teeth upstairs and other brush hair downstairs?