PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty

melco
15-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I have a little girl that I look after once a week, normally would be a Tuesday and if she has been away or had appointments I have been flexible and swapped her day so that they are not paying me for when she is not here. I had a little boy start last week who is Tuesday through to Friday and so I would not go over my numbers I changed her day to a Monday. Her mum asked what I would do with regards to Bank Holidays and I said I don't work and don't charge for them which she was happy with. But I received a text from her a few weeks ago saying she is away 22nd April so will not need me. Normally she mentions swapping the days but she didn't and I can't anyway now. But am nervous about invoicing for that day. Its in the contract that I charge when they are away and I did charge when she had chicken pox but for some reason I am feeling really guilty. Just done the Invoice and am going to send but just worried in case this time she complains

melco x

chezzagriff
15-04-2013, 05:24 PM
If she does complain I would send her a copy of the contract and highlight were it says that she will pay.

sarah707
16-04-2013, 05:16 PM
At the end of the day you are running a business!

Hugs x

hectors house
16-04-2013, 05:41 PM
I always make it clear that swapping days is completely at my discretion - have had some really trying it on and asking if they miss a day one week can they have an extra day the following week - if you give an inch they will take a mile!

Rough & Tumble
17-04-2013, 12:11 PM
It would depend on what your contract specifies. You've been able to be flexible up to now so parent should appreciate that. It's always a difficult situation when you've tried to be helpful in the past.

Through experiences similar to this I no longer swap days, any extra days are charged as extra days and not swapped. I do however only charge 50% of a cancelled day, as long as I'm given 2 weeks notice.

Hope that helps x