PDA

View Full Version : What is it with sick children at the mo :(

mrs robbie williams
15-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Last week mindee 19m off with s&d, another mindee off with strep throat in and out of hosp with high temp and now on double dose penicillin and now had text to say tomorrow's mindee won't be jn due to sickness luckily none caught here as i was off on hols and tomorrow's is term time only xx

hectors house
15-04-2013, 04:28 PM
I was wondering the same when I got a parent to sign for the Calpol I had to administer earlier - this child has had chest infection, ear infection and now a nasty cough all since January - costing me a fortune for replacement pages for medicine book!

chezzagriff
15-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Cant you keep one medication page as a reference page and just keep photocopying it? There is definitely something in the air, everyone seems to be ill. We even had our network meeting cancelled as everybody was too ill!

Rick
15-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Tell me about it. Had to close today and tomorrow for sickness bug. I've just about gotten over it :)

Daisy De
15-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Had a letter home from pre-school today saying they have a confirmed case of measles, never had that before its usually about nits! I know there is a huge problem in Wales, I hope not but wouldn't be surprised if it effects other areas as well before long.

In 20 years of childminding have never had anyone come down with measles.

watgem
15-04-2013, 06:54 PM
We've had the sickness bug doing its 3rd or 4th round in ourvarea also a nasry flu like virus , todsy we got told scarlet fever is going round, I blame the weather lol