PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping dilemma

littleDs31
15-04-2013, 01:24 PM
I have a lo who is very grumpy and shouty when he is tired - an hr nap after lunch solves this and everyone has a lovely day.
However parents don't want him to nap anymore saying he only gets grumpy around tea time (he doesn't its much earlier), and needs to get used to not sleeping in the day.
I don't see how this action will benefit anyone - the lo will be too grumpy to learn anything and the after schoolies shouldn't av to put up with it either and then parents will spend the few hrs they av with a moody child! Just wondering what you think?

Melanyweb
15-04-2013, 01:54 PM
How many days does little one come. It's harder for them when they're in our settings. I think they get tired quicker. Can mum and dad cut out the nap on the days they're at home with them and let little one still nap when they're with you. It's hard to get the balance right and I don't think parents have any idea just how much we do in a day.

chezzagriff
15-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I would explain that due to other children being there and all of the activities lo gets tierd early. Other way is either let them find out the hard way by sending a grumpy child home. Lo may even start falling asleep in the afternoon if you skip nap so you will be able to tell them that.

little chickee
15-04-2013, 02:18 PM
If the child needs to sleep then you let him sleep.
A quick search on this forum will pop up lots of similar threads.
Parents seem to have a real bee in their bonnets about children not sleeping through the day.

I'm am responsibile for my mindees when they are at my house so if i beleive they need a sleep they have one.:thumbsup: