PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed.

Goldilocks
14-04-2013, 08:32 PM
I sent off all my forms at the begining of January and i'm still waiting for ofsted to come and inspect me 4 months later! I have been calling them on a weekly basis to try and find out what the hold up is. They say they are waiting for Croydon social services to send the report back to them and it usually takes 6 weeks. They have said they have chased them but still no reply. Has any one else had problems/delays with social services?

Sorry for the rant but I just want to get started now :angry:

sarah707
14-04-2013, 09:20 PM
There are often ss delays especially if you have moved regularly or had any dealings with them in the past.

Hopefully it will hurry up for you! :D

Goldilocks
14-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the reply Sarah. Yes We have moved house a few times but never had any dealing's with social services in the past. Will call again tomorrow and see :laughing:

lisbet
14-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Yep, my LA didn't respond to Ofsted's first request for the info and had to be sent a reminder. No previous dealings and only one house move, but I assumed the delay was probably because other things probably have to take priority in an overstretched social services department. Hope they get it back to Ofsted quickly now x

suziealderton
15-04-2013, 11:00 AM
i would ring social services and chase it up yourself. i did this and ss said they had never heard of me, although thet had sent my hubby and kids info back. ofsted do not chase this bit enough in my opinion. and they will blame it all on ss instead of trying to hurry things up x

frankies mummy
15-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi, i was in the exact same boat, sent my forms beg January, I phoned ofsted last Tuesday and they had finally had the all clear from notts county council, I had a phone call this morning and have my pre reg next Tuesday :panic: I'm sooo scared, hope you get yours soon xx

Goldilocks
15-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I have called them today and they said they are still waiting for social services to get back to them and nothing more they can do. Think I may call them my self tomorrow and see if this is the case :laughing:

Good luck Frankies Mummy! Hope it goes well and I'm sure it will. Let us know how it goes! I'm very nervous as well. Just panicking I have missed something important I haven't done. :panic:

shortstuff
15-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I have called them today and they said they are still waiting for social services to get back to them and nothing more they can do. Think I may call them my self tomorrow and see if this is the case :laughing:

Good luck Frankies Mummy! Hope it goes well and I'm sure it will. Let us know how it goes! I'm very nervous as well. Just panicking I have missed something important I haven't done. :panic:

Definately call ss. I had to as there was a glitch between ofsteds computers and ss's computers communicating effectively, or so they said.

Goldilocks
16-04-2013, 09:41 PM
So I called ss today and they said they have my file but need to check what checks have been done as they are under staffed with the cut backs in ss. They said my case was not a priority and have others which needed looking in to first. I agree they have other important things but 4.5 months should be more than long enough. She said she will put it to the top of their pile and look into it. Will see what happens fingers x :mad:

shortstuff
16-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Maybe call again next monday just for an update. Fingers crossed for you :-)

Goldilocks
25-04-2013, 07:16 PM
So I finally got the call from Ofsted this afternoon. They are coming on monday morning at 09:30 am :panic: Didn't think they would come so quickly after the call. Any one have any tips or what they may ask? She seemed nice on the phone who is coming to do the visit. Just said she will ask me about the early years, see the setting and have a general chat with me. Oh and check my paper work too! :)