PDA

View Full Version : Which insurance?

barbarella68
02-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I need to get new liability insurance before end of July,but money is a bit tight at moment and I was going to get NCMA'S insurance but can't unless I rejoin them which I don't want to do until I can get a bit more flush, as it will be £80.00 plus.Morton Michels insurance is £13.00 more than NCMA. So now I can't decided.Can I have your opinions please?:panic:

Heaven Scent
02-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I know its a bit more than the actualy policy but if you have to be a member to take out the policy then MM is not more expensive is it plus MM's paperwork is cheaper than NCMA plus you have to buy separate Employers Liability Ins with NCMA which you need if you have an assistant or a student on the premises which I will have just as soon as her CRB comes through and the training agency get their finger out and send somone around to give her her induction.

Anyway I was going to post this exact query today and ask if it is poss to get Employer Liability ins from MM as no mention of it listed separately on their website but I read a load of previous posts and decided to call MM direct and ask them and when I went onto their website to get their no I had a look at the policy and saw it was included and I know from looking at NCMA's its not and that was the reason I logged on this evining to make people aware of another difference in the policies by starting a separate thread and then saw you'd posted this and thought I'd just mention it in my reply.

So today I have just defected to MM and tomorrow at lunchtime I can ring and order all the paperwork which they promised would be put in the post on the day the order is made so should have them by the time a family come next week to sign some contracts for 2 days after school care Its only £20.00 per week extra but its not to be sniffed at.

I know you are limited to a maximum of 10 chhildren under 15 including your own but I can't imagine ever having that many mindees the only trouble is if my son brought a bundle of his mates around for 10 mins now and again in the hols how would I stand then as I wouldn't be responsible for the mates as no agreement with the mum's verbal or otherwise? I cant imagine me have 10 anyway I don't think my nerves would stand it and can only fit 6 in my car including my 2 plus me so it is sooo unlikely to happen. Is there a limit on the NCMA policy?

A plus too is that I prefer the MM contracts as they are much clearer and have sort of mini policies explained at the beginning so all in all I much happier as I never felt I ever got anything out of being an NCMA member iyswim - well besides a free mag and I have a childminder friend who gets it and said I could take a look at it and I said I'd print off MM's and let her see it so yet another plus - happy all round.

Good luck with your decision - there are loads of posts on here about it including the Archive sticky and take a good look at both insurers websites before you make your final decision so you can be relaxed and happy with whatever you decide.

barbarella68
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks Celine,I think I will go with MM,I have started doing my own contracts and paper work,So going with NCMA probably isn't a good idea.
Thanks for your help anyway.:)
I don't know why you can't just get the insurance with NCMA probably just another way to get money from us.

sarah707
02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I've been with MM for the 14 years I've been registered.

No problems ... :D

barbarella68
02-07-2008, 07:37 PM
What I am a bit worried about is that NCMA help you if you get a non paying parent(apparently),do MM do this as well?

brillminder
03-07-2008, 05:56 AM
i was in your delema earlier in year was lazy and stayed with ncma good debate :)

Heaven Scent
03-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Yes MM def do I rang twice to double check plus I'm sure that members have said they have used this service and have found it to work fine.

disney
25-07-2008, 08:21 AM
mine is due for renewal now and im going forr mm as i think ncma is expensive and also i only went with ncma as i back up in case i needed their help but on the one time i needed them :( i did not find them very help full im afraid x

barbarella68
25-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I eventually did go with MM,what really ennoys me with NCMA is that you can't just get insurance you have to actually join and pay an exhorbant price nearly £80.00.I think it is wrong especially as they know childminders haven't got that kind of money.But as my husband says it's rip off Britain all over:mad:

Pedagog
25-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Can I ask how much is the MM insurance.

sarah707
25-07-2008, 12:19 PM
It's just gone up ... it's £40 for the year :D

Pedagog
25-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh right so its a big difference then.

Minstrel
25-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Is this public liability ins. or something else?
I cant keep up with all the different ins. we have to get:panic: