PDA

View Full Version : In process of registering.

MummyJenx3
13-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I am in the process of registering nd will be up and running by aug. Can I reply to parents wanting childcare from then. If so what do I join as childcare provider or parent? do I have to join childcare.co.uk too or are they the same site?

sarah707
13-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

It is not advisable to advertise until you have seen Ofsted and all your paperwork is in place.

You can join childcare.co.uk for free any time you are ready - it's up to you if or when you want to start paying so you can contact parents.

I hope this helps :D

Rick
14-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

It is not advisable to advertise until you have seen Ofsted and all your paperwork is in place.

You can join childcare.co.uk for free any time you are ready - it's up to you if or when you want to start paying so you can contact parents.

I hope this helps :D

Sarah, it does say this in the 'profile' page which stopped me signing up until registered.

IMPORTANT: Only registered childminders with Ofsted, CSSIW or the Care Commission can lawfully advertise as a childminder. It is illegal to look after children under 8 in your own home if you are not a registered childminder. You face prosecution, a fine and even imprisonment if you advertise as an unregistered childminder. If you are a registered childminder then you must state this somewhere in your profile, together with the name of the organisation you are registered with, otherwise your profile will be rejected.

MummyJenx3
14-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Hi sarah how much is it to join? Can I.get intoutch with parents now for future care placements?