PDA

View Full Version : Tax credits and childminders holidays

jashol
13-04-2013, 08:18 AM
As childminders when we know tax credits are paying childcare cost do we need to inform them of when our holidays are even when parents are not seeking other childcare in them weeks of our holidays ,

phoenix2010
13-04-2013, 08:32 AM
when a parent makes a tax credit claim they should have factored your holiday in

so if a parent pays £100 per week , they should have multiplied that by the number of weeks they need care and divide by 52 to give an actual weekly amount

eg if you take 4 weeks off per year and they dont find alternative care they should have declared their weekly childcare expenses are

100 x 48 / 52 = £92.30

I suspect that most dont do this and they will only get caught out if tax credits ask for childcare receipt at the end of the tax year

It is not your responsibility to inform tax credits of anything unless they call you

hectors house
13-04-2013, 09:01 AM
I have enough to do before I go on holiday and sometimes forget to cancel the milk, certainly haven't got time to ring tax credits - it isn't any of my business whether the parents use another registered provider or make other casual arrangements. I do however think we should send direct to tax credits a copy of the receipts for the year and we should have to notify them if child stops coming - their systems are so sloppy no wonder it gets abused.