PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Milk collapses with huge debts

sarah707
12-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Story in the Times newspaper - Free school milk supplier collapses | The Times (http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/industries/consumer/article3738192.ece).

Alternatives include Cool Milk - https://www.coolmilk.com/

Or you can claim the cost of milk back from - Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/)

Hth :D

Mouse
12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
What a shame, I can't read the whole article as I'm not subscribed to the site. I would have been interested to read it.
And I hate to say so, but I warned all our local childminders about Scott's from the very beginning. I always said it would end in tears! I was also quite vocal about them on here, until we had a bit of a ticking off about it and had to stop!

From what others have said, Coolmilk is no longer accepting applications from childminders as they're overrun with nursery applications :(

jo.jo76
12-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Yes, I've heard that coolmilk are not taking on new applications

sonyach
12-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Yes I was with scott's. Got an email couple of days ago from Nrmu about claims and getting in touch with citizens advice. Stupidly I haven't had a delivery for so long I can't remember when. Duuuuhhhh

safcfluff
13-04-2013, 07:02 AM
I got an email about the claims Scott's were making on my behalf from NMRS. Apparently I 'received' 43 pints of milk last August! I was on holiday for two of those weeks and no way do I have enough children to warrant the need for 43 pints! Can you imaging all this milk on my doorstep.

CH1957
13-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Im not surprised they've gone under. They didnt manage to get my milk order right once in the almost year I was with them!! Whenever I queried getting too much they just said 'oh well, have this on us'.

hectors house
13-04-2013, 09:06 AM
I managed to change to Coolmilk in January - at least with them I get a weekly e-mail and it easier to check milk I have received and what I was entitled to, although I did notify them that one child had dropped one day a week recently and they completed :censored: up my deliveries - I told them in no uncertain terms that after all the grief I had with Scotts that they (coolmilk) were still on probation and it is no problem to pick up an extra couple of litres in Asda each week! I did get an apology and now normal deliveries have resumed.

carol cameron
13-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I have always found it to be very straightforward to just claim directly from the NMRU. Noww it's even easier to do online so would urge everyone to think about doing so.:)

eddie
15-04-2013, 02:33 PM
This news comes as no surprise to me. Note that Scotts are blaming childcarers for overclaiming. I always found them unhelpful and downright nasty on the phone or by email.

jackie 7
15-04-2013, 02:53 PM
With Scott's if was impossible to say if you had different numbers each day. In London I had no problems but here the delivery men they used could have done with a brain transplant. I sent a detailed map and photos and they still got rude when they couldn't find it. I just put it in without expenses.

mrs_scottydog
15-04-2013, 03:04 PM
I can't say I'm surprised. Even after I asked them to close my account I still got emails from them asking if I had any holidays over Christmas etc and they could never give me the small amount of milk I asked for, it was always more. Hx

jackie 7
15-04-2013, 03:48 PM
With Scott's if was impossible to say if you had different numbers each day. In London I had no problems but here the delivery men they used could have done with a brain transplant. I sent a detailed map and photos and they still got rude when they couldn't find it. I just put it in without expenses.