PDA

View Full Version : Phil and teds sport

sprinkles
12-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Looking for a double buggy and am thinking either a phil and teds or a city mini jogger. Lady on my local sale page selling a phil and teds sport with cocoon, doubles seat, matching footmuffs and rain cover for £200ono. I'm swaying towards this as means I don't need a separate single buggy - can you put a buggy board on it when it's got the second seat on though?

Only thing putting me off is it is apple green :panic: would you go for it, and how much would you offer?

jadavi
12-04-2013, 09:22 PM
I have this one. Apple green is nice :) buggy board not possible IMO x

jo.jo76
12-04-2013, 09:22 PM
That's not bad, I paid 150 for my first one second hand with cocoon, footmuff and raincover. They are good, I like that it is a single buggy if you want it, I now have one that folds with second seat attached but I bought it new. Buggy board wise I don't know, I was told you couldn't, not personally tried, my daughter used to sit on the front, little plate above front wheel, not designed for this but she liked it, did make it hard to steer though

sprinkles
12-04-2013, 09:29 PM
I have this one. Apple green is nice :) buggy board not possible IMO x

Is it a good pushchair? Easy to steer etc? x

blue bear
12-04-2013, 09:31 PM
My friend has a lascal buggy board with extenders on her phil and ted sport, works for her, I've personally not tried it as I have a buggy pod on mine. The green looks nice although I went for black.
They are very robust buggies and wears well. It's heavy to fold up and lift into the boot but compared to most buggies it's so much easier to push because of the pneumatic tyres although the nipper 360 is even (a lot) easier to push than the phil and teds.

jo.jo76
12-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I have red and black. Easy to steer, so much better than my side by side obaby!

smurfette
12-04-2013, 11:29 PM
That's not bad, I paid 150 for my first one second hand with cocoon, footmuff and raincover. They are good, I like that it is a single buggy if you want it, I now have one that folds with second seat attached but I bought it new. Buggy board wise I don't know, I was told you couldn't, not personally tried, my daughter used to sit on the front, little plate above front wheel, not designed for this but she liked it, did make it hard to steer though

Which one folds with double seat on.. May have to upgrade!!

I have the apple green sport and I like it, easy to identify at Toddler groups. I can steer and push with just one hand (even my left) if I am holding a small hand in the other. Love that if I only have one Lo don't need seperate buggy and I also use mine for naps in the house. My biggest bugbear is you can't sit the top seat back up with Lo in it if it has been lain flat u have to take child out but don't know maybe they have Improved this? I have never used buggy board so don't know sorry .. But don't put child on handle bars did this other day (obviously arms around child!) it tips! For this reason (being back heavy with two seats in use) it can be hard to get up steps and kerbs but is so light and manoevarsble rest of Time you don't mind

jo.jo76
13-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Which one folds with double seat on.. May have to upgrade!!

It's a Vibe, but don't go rushing to upgrade, I do like it but it's got some annoying features that go along with the good ones!

Good features
folding second seat so no faffing about taking off second seat
easy brake mechanism - you press button on handle bar and brake comes on, then squeeze it and brake releases

Bad features
hood keeps popping off, really annoying when trying to fit rain cover in pouring rain!
If you are not careful the double seat rips the material on shopping basket thing underneath when opening pram back up
Easy brake system makes the one handed pushing more awkward than with all the other phil and teds and one of the things I liked about them, you also can accidently pop brake on whilst going along which can be a bit of an abrupt stop! lol
Finally! Because the second seat can be folding into the pram without removing you do lose some of the height for the child's head

Mmmm! Writing it out now makes me wonder if I want a change again! :-)

smurfette
14-04-2013, 01:56 PM
It's a Vibe, but don't go rushing to upgrade, I do like it but it's got some annoying features that go along with the good ones!

Good features
folding second seat so no faffing about taking off second seat
easy brake mechanism - you press button on handle bar and brake comes on, then squeeze it and brake releases

Bad features
hood keeps popping off, really annoying when trying to fit rain cover in pouring rain!
If you are not careful the double seat rips the material on shopping basket thing underneath when opening pram back up
Easy brake system makes the one handed pushing more awkward than with all the other phil and teds and one of the things I liked about them, you also can accidently pop brake on whilst going along which can be a bit of an abrupt stop! lol
Finally! Because the second seat can be folding into the pram without removing you do lose some of the height for the child's head

Mmmm! Writing it out now makes me wonder if I want a change again! :-)

Oh great thanks! I find the brake fiddly but it sounds better than the handle one so!

sprinkles
24-04-2013, 07:47 PM
So I didn't really go back to the lady. She's now reduced the price to £125ono, should I go for it now??

TNT
24-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Go for it, I got one second hand for £100 and I love it, is really light to push and I managed with my toddler and 6 month old in the snow really well.

Petshrinklj
24-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Oh great thanks! I find the brake fiddly but it sounds better than the handle one so!

Sounds a good price to me

nicola1981
25-04-2013, 06:37 AM
You can attach a buggy board I have on mine