PDA

View Full Version : X4 under 3 twice a week am I crazy?

tori4
12-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Hi I have just had a call from current parent whose LO comes one day a week to me and goes twice a week to nursery. She is not happy with nursery n says LO is far happier with me (yey lovely :-) cause he has a poo when he is here). Wants to know can I do more hrs/days.

So I can and I can't - it will mean I am full x3 under 3 x3days a week and also will have x4 twice a week (siblings and twins) it will also mean late finish I currently finish at 2.30pm lovely i know. This is likely to change in September when another LO mum goes to uni .

So is this too much?
I have x2 sons aged 6&8 yrs

Do I risk loosing her to another CM who can do all hrs?

Do I stick my ground and ask her to wait until September (likely that another LO will move onto nursery /nanny as his mum has triplets n there's noway I can fit them all in)

Arrgh this is when it's tough want to help the family and dnot want to do myself out of work...

Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts xT

mrs robbie williams
12-04-2013, 07:26 PM
I have 4 under 3 on a Tuesday as continuity of care and I find it fine xx

natalieatk
12-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I have 4 for 3 hours mon tue and wed, ofsted aware and didn't need evaluations they overlap when I pick up from nursery (2 will soon be going up to school in sep but are classed at over's from July when they break up if this helps) x

sarahmc
13-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I have 4 most days, have done for 2 years. They are all siblings of older children. Some are just turning 3, so starting playschool, which will be strange to have less for a few hours. It is hard but you get use to it and with a good routine in place they have their special times of one to one with me. Maybe different when they all stop sleeping!

mummyMia
13-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Could you maybe explain the situation to her and say that you will take him for one extra day a week at first, to see how things go. Then if you find it manageable, you could add the third day a bit later on. :)

MummyJenx3
13-04-2013, 12:49 PM
X xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

hectors house
13-04-2013, 03:55 PM
You know the 3 you have on those day works ok, you also know the character of the mindee who wants to increase days - can you see any problems, personality clashes, transporting children problems, etc if so can they be dealt with or not - I have 4 under 4 one day a week and it is easier than some other days when I have 3 under 3, can you tell the mum you will try it on a month's trial and if it doesn't work out you will let her know.

smurfette
15-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I do four under three two half days a week, the odd full day too. Definitely hardwork and organisation is essential. But do able esp if u know mindee , but be careful giving up your early finish even if you are going to lose it in sept that's still a lot of weeks to lose it for and you might regret it. Money is great but I have lost my every second Monday off and I miss it!!

phoenix2010
15-04-2013, 03:35 PM
It feels more like you are asking yourself if you want to do it , rather than if you think you could cope with it

only you know if you want this extra work and if its worth the extra income that it will bring, it cant hurt to ask her to hang on til September , if she says no then you can rethink

tori4
15-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the replays- so i spoke to parent this evening - although didn't really have answer.

Explained- logistics of pushchair n sch pick up etc
Explain - another LO moving onto pre-sch in sept
Explained- wanted to keep my early finishes until sept ( got another one extending hr then anyway)

Also asked wats not right with nursery ;-/ they just keep sending him home- which when she has told me i myself have thought wat again !

So I think she is happy there is possibility in September and willing to hang on until then maybe looking into extra day now with me and friend/nursery covering sch drop off time.

I'm so glad I have found my balls 18mnths ago I would of say yes of course not a problem and regretted it.

Experience n hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Thank you for being my sounding board -

xT

mum24
15-04-2013, 08:18 PM
I have 4 for 3 hours mon tue and wed, ofsted aware and didn't need evaluations they overlap when I pick up from nursery (2 will soon be going up to school in sep but are classed at over's from July when they break up if this helps) x

Is this correct? I have two who will be starting full time school in September, and it would help me out no end if they were classed as over 5 from July. My lo's all fit together like a jig saw at the moment, and I have been looking at what I have been asked for in the summer holidays and it is impossible to do without letting someone down.

Sorry don't mean to say you are wrong, but just checking...:)

shortstuff
15-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Is this correct? I have two who will be starting full time school in September, and it would help me out no end if they were classed as over 5 from July. My lo's all fit together like a jig saw at the moment, and I have been looking at what I have been asked for in the summer holidays and it is impossible to do without letting someone down.

Sorry don't mean to say you are wrong, but just checking...:)

I have to say I'm not sure that its correct. The way I read the EYFS i would say they don't get classed as an over 5 until they are actually attending school full time. This would suggest to me that it won't apply until September. Happy to be proven wrong though as it would clear up a variation for me.

MessybutHappy
15-04-2013, 08:46 PM
I agree, I understood that it's not until they're actually in full time education. In our case, that's not until mid oct because they have six weeks settling into school where they only do half days!! It's a blumming nightmare!!!

Tazmin68
15-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes
Have to wait until September.

phoenix2010
16-04-2013, 07:44 AM
children starting reception class can be classed as 5 when they are in school full time

so NOT in july

and mostly NOT in septemeber , unless they start full time from start of term

most dont go in full time from the start and they usually start off going in part time for a period of time to settle them in

SO, they usually are actually attending school full time after october half term , well here at least they do anyway

hope that clears it up

Gemma Smithson
16-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm confused, I thought we could only have three children under 5 yrs one of which can be under 1 yrs old?????