PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with parents

Tinkerbell1979
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi,

Sorry me again.

Do any of you have meetings with parents to update each other on LO?

I have a DD which mum is very good at writing in. I tell her everything that has gone on that day even though its written in DD, we text update etc. but tonight she told me about a couple if things that just slipped into conversation, like her water, she was very worried about switching to tap
And gave her cool boiled even after she reached the age of being able to have tap, and I said 'oh you never said, I'm still giving her cool boiled water' to which she apologised and said they forgot to tell me.

I've been filling in my first Learning & Development Form which I planned in doing every 6 months. Should I have a meeting with her or just let her take it home, read and add comments too? She is very good so I'm not worried about not getting it back. Also do you just let them take the learning journal home every so often? If so how often? Or again should we have a meeting,

TIA

funemnx
12-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't have meetings as such - my parents will write in the diary (those that do :rolleyes:) and mention any changes, otherwise things just get discussed as and when doing hand over. I update the journals every term and send the journal home to parents then with an outline of future planning (what they're interested in at the mo) :thumbsup:

Tinkerbell1979
12-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Thank you. This is what I was planning on doing but didn't know if it was ok.

Many many thanks for replying

Tealady
12-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I have meetings if needed. Sometimes a few things crop up so easier to have a chat over a cuppa rather than a snatched conversation with children needing attention or if something needs discussing at length i.e. Potty Training.

I don't schedule them in at certain points but just have them as and when needed.

I also send LJ home but that is only because I know how much my current parents value it so it will be looked at with interested, not destroyed and returned.

moggy
12-04-2013, 07:20 PM
I have a meeting with each child's parent (always mum!) each term when I do their progress review, or 2yr check. We read through my review (parent previously given me sheet of their input on child's achievements which I incorporate) and sign it together, and use opportunity to chat about how things are going, and stuff comes up like future changing of days/hours etc etc and I ask how work is going, how things are generally.