PDA

View Full Version : How would you take this?

Tinkerbell1979
12-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I look after a 13m old and have had her since 7m old.

Mum always reads DD and writes stuff in it. Mum goes away every few months on work business and Dad never looks in DD, I know this because he doesn't even look in bag as I put things in, tell him and days later its still there. Both parents big worriers, thought mum was bad enough but my god he drives me insane sometimes lol.

Anyway, he drops off T this morning, all normal, nothing said, say goodbye, get DD out and he has written 'noticed a bruise on T's right knee....maybe from frantic crawling......' Well I will say I was pretty upset because of the way it's written, I just don't like the 'maybe'. Spoke to a friend who said he probably doesn't realise how it sounds but its been niggling me all day. Mum back and picked up so I light heartily said 'oh D wrote in diary...' Before I could finish she said 'oh it's probably from crawling' not off or anything but again....i don't know, I just feel a bit funny about it all, so I said 'well we were in the garden the day before, she was crawling everywhere, it could have been a stone' to which she replied 'yes, probably'

Anyway as I said I just feel a bit upset by it, am I being silly? She's my first mindee.

phoenix2010
12-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Are they specifically saying that it has happened at yours or not ? you dont say

shortstuff
12-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I think if the parents wanted to say anything you have given them the opportunity. So maybe you should just take it that dad didnt mean anything by it.

Try not to worry as it will ruin your weekend.

mummyMia
12-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't sound very sinister to me. Parents make all sort of comments and it is easy to get upset but to me this one doesn't sound like an accusation. Just be happy that you have parents who actually write in the diary. I have never yet had a single parent write anything even though I have encouraged them to.

Rick
12-04-2013, 05:42 PM
One of my mindees had bruises on both her knees, almost certainly from crawling as she had just started doing it. It was probably a mixture of here and at home but impossible to tell. Did an existing injury form just to highlight the fact that it had been seen and we agreed to keep an eye on it.

Tinkerbell1979
12-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Are they specifically saying that it has happened at yours or not ? you dont say

The way it was written I took it that he was saying it happened here.

Tinkerbell1979
12-04-2013, 05:51 PM
One of my mindees had bruises on both her knees, almost certainly from crawling as she had just started doing it. It was probably a mixture of here and at home but impossible to tell. Did an existing injury form just to highlight the fact that it had been seen and we agreed to keep an eye on it.

Should I had fill out a form? Would I need to do this with every bruise?

phoenix2010
12-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Yes you should fill out an existing injury form

if they didnt specifically say that they think it happened at yours then perhaps you are being a bit over sensitive

Mum has been away and maybe shes annoyed with Dad ? hence the weird vibes , might not be you at all , and anyway they better get used to bruises on knees and shins as if i remember rightly both my boys were covered with them especially as toddlers

Maybe just say to them that now that lo is getting more mobile , there will be more bumps and bruises and they need to verbally tell you when lo arrives if there are any existing injuries or even if there is something they notice and they are not sure howor where it happened

I have a parent who would like to wrap their child in sterile cotton wool and it can be hard work working with them , and you feel like they are being overly picky about silly things , Im beginning to learn that its her problem not mine , I give excellent care and I shouldnt let someone else make me doubt that

Maza
12-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Maybe it is his way of telling you about an existing injury that happened at home and he is not sure how it happened. It is soooo hard not to read too much into these things when you see them written down. My word, wait until she is walking and climbing! x