PDA

View Full Version : favour for friends?

butterfly
02-07-2008, 04:43 PM
my friend just came round and asked if i could have her 2 kids for an hour tomorrow morning whilst she's at an interview. can i still do that? i haven't got any mindees but i would be over my ratio but then it's a favour no money? isn't it like my d having a friend over?

wendywu
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
If you have no mindees and no money is changing hands then no problem.:)

chubbymummy
02-07-2008, 05:52 PM
my friend just came round and asked if i could have her 2 kids for an hour tomorrow morning whilst she's at an interview. can i still do that? i haven't got any mindees but i would be over my ratio but then it's a favour no money? isn't it like my d having a friend over?

i don't understand. if you have no mindees how can you be over your ratio?

Rubybubbles
02-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I have had my friends dd from 6.30am - 6.45pm today (although at school full time) (within my numbers and no payment MUG)

NEVER AGAIN:angry: :laughing:

angeldelight
02-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Cant see a prob with that

You had a long day today
How did the little boys operation go ?

Hope your friend knows what a good friend you are

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Cant see a prob with that

You had a long day today
How did the little boys operation go ?

Hope your friend knows what a good friend you are

Angel xx

highjack thread sorry!

The operation went really well bless him, just tired and fed up of how much one child can behave and 'think' they can get away with without mum being there, needless to say, she now knows I'm no pushover:o timeout was used :eek: :p

mrsb
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I know you said you aren't minding tomorrow but when you are minding and your own children have friends over you must count the friends in your numbers/ratio.
I never realised this when I started minding until a friend said about it, I rang ofsted to check as well :( so for over a year i could not have friends over while I was minding as it would have taken me over my under 5's limit:angry:

claireLouise
02-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Hiya,

The same rules regarding your own children's friends also applies in Scotland, so if you have the maximum number of children allowed by the Carte Commission - friends are not allowed.

Best Wishes

Claire

mummyroysof3
03-07-2008, 05:34 AM
hi, sorry to but in, What happens if a friend comes round and brings her kids, surely if im not responsable for the kids they wouldnt count in my numbers

charlotte x

mrsb
03-07-2008, 07:07 AM
hi, sorry to but in, What happens if a friend comes round and brings her kids, surely if im not responsable for the kids they wouldnt count in my numbers

charlotte x

you're right :) if the parent or adult stays with the children then they don't count in your numbers :)