PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise

Boo_Bear
12-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi,

I am stuck and i dont know what to do? I have booked my holiday for 13th may to 17th may. now i have told the parents this, and all are alright with it, but one parent has caught me on the hop (was busy sorting lunches out for kids) she called me, i stupidly answered it, and she said she had changed her holiday from the half term week, to the week i want, but i would need to have the kids the whole half term, and i agreed as i would do normally, In my contract it states i dont work bank holidays but still charge for it, as its classed as my holiday... now because she caught me a busy moment, i said i could do all week, but looking in the calender its a bank holiday, and she said because she pays me for it i will need to work it!! she needs to sort her house out!!! Now like i said i wasnt really consentrating and said yeah that week is fine!! now what do i do about the bank holiday, as i have kinda said yes, i am not sure how to say to her not bank holiday!!! do i say please refer to contract and it states i dont work bank holidays!!! please help me i am so nervous and want to word it so i dont sound harsh!!!
i have a baby and i will use that time to be a family, as i need some time too!

thanks in advance ladies.
xx

shortstuff
12-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Can you call her and say that when you agreed you didnt have your diary next to you. You now realise that the monday is bank holiday so will be closed? The sooner you let her know the easier it will be.

Im sure you will feel better if you just talk it over with her x

phoenix2010
12-04-2013, 01:57 PM
exactly , just say you just realised its a bank holiday but you are happy to work tues to fri

personally i dont charge and i dont work bhs so that stops it being an issue

caz3007
12-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I would also quickly let her know you didnt realise there was a bank holiday in there and as per your contract with her you dont work bank holiday.

I dont charge for bank holidays as not prepared to work them and it means parents cant make demands on me

smurfette
15-04-2013, 03:20 PM
How did you get on?

Boo_Bear
22-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi ya thabk you so much for ur replies. In the end she was ok with it. She has agreed I dont work bank holidays and she was wrong to ask me to.
Feel loads better. Xx

smurfette
22-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi ya thabk you so much for ur replies. In the end she was ok with it. She has agreed I dont work bank holidays and she was wrong to ask me to.
Feel loads better. Xx

Oh fab! Glad all ok!!

jackie 7
22-04-2013, 04:25 PM
That is great. Always so easy to say yes by mistake.

tess1981
22-04-2013, 08:31 PM
ah love when a parent proves they arent all bad :) you dont ask you dont get my parents say before i say no or that does not suit and no fall outs to date :D

Petshrinklj
22-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Glad you got it sorted