PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had Ofsted not turn up?

dawn100
12-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Has any one ever been informed of a week an inspection would take place but Ofsted haven't turned up?

cathtee
12-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Only heard of this when it was really bad weather, I think I would ring up and find out what's happened just so that they know you are
miffed about them not ringing to let you know

beerheaven
12-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Yes! Happened at my last inspection. She gave me three days in a week she could appear. Well on the third day still no show!! I telephoned to be told that she was off sick and she was supposed to have contacted me. Ofsted said that she would contact me on her return but as she was on long term sick I insisted that another inspector come the following week. They agreed to this.
Hope you find out soon what's happening. It's horrible getting all ready for nothing!!

Tinkerbell1979
12-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Yes me! She phone a week before Xmas saying she would be here Monday, Tuesday or Thursday, if not there by 10 it was that day.....well she never showed. I phoned Tribunal or whatever they are called and complained, ranted, raved, etc

Got a different inspector arrive end of Jan

Tinkerbell1979
12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Oh yes mine was off sick too and was supposed to phone me

jackie 7
12-04-2013, 01:31 PM
A friend had an inspector forget to come then try to insist on coming on a day when she had no kids. The woman forgot again. But then my friend could not understand what she was saying most of the time.

TNT
12-04-2013, 01:57 PM
A childminder in my area that I know was due an inspection last year, they phoned her before christmas to let her know they would be coming the next week, they didnt turn up. She has phoned them several times and they keep palming her off saying that someone would ring her back soon.
She was deemed inadequate at her last inspection and it will be nearly 4 years now since she has been inspected :confused: