PDA

View Full Version : Public liability insurance snd trsmpolines

kp0781
12-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi, we have just bought our 3.5 yo a 8ft Plum trampoline with safety net and covered springs. It says on it for over 6 yo. Would I be covered if a child under 6 had an accident do you think? Would a parent permissions form cover that? I'm thinking probably not but I think I'm going to have some very unhappy mindees if they cant use it!!

FussyElmo
12-04-2013, 12:06 PM
No you will not be covered by your insurance if a child has an accident on it and you hadn't followed manufacturing guidelines.

Written permission will not stop this happening there was a case a few years ago about a childminder who had this happen to her.

Will try and find the thread.

kp0781
12-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Thought so!!! What a bummer....If you can find ghee thread that would be great but don't go to too much trouble.thanks though x

FussyElmo
12-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Found it :thumbsup:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/general-childminding-chat/37806-minder-struck-off.html

kp0781
12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
:-( what a nightmare. In actual fact I think an over 6 is more likely to hurt themselves!! Going have very unhappy children

Chatterbox Childcare
12-04-2013, 12:43 PM
This was why I took mine down - what about buying a square hand held one from ELC too and then the little ones can participate as well.

Asda do a 3ft round one which is only about 2 foot max off the ground for £55 and I would of thought that this would be a more suitable age range (need to check) and it has an enclosure too

kp0781
12-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks ill look into that. Been thinking though where does it stop? There more dangerous things at the park! Does the same apply for 0-3 toys? H & s gone a bit too far :-(

Nicola Carlyle
12-04-2013, 12:51 PM
We have a trampoline for our girls. They know they are not allowed in it if they are in the garden with minded children. Minded children have asked if they can go on but I say no that mummy or daddy wouldn't be pleased if they hurt themselves and neither would I. Have spoken to my parents about it and they are all fine with it. Just because its there does not mean that minded children have a right to use it.

shortstuff
12-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Found it :thumbsup:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/general-childminding-chat/37806-minder-struck-off.html

OMG ive just read the thread, that is awful, i really feel it for the CM who lost her career.

vals
12-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Bit worried now. have had ours a while, it has a maximum weight, one child at a time, use under supervision, but i don't remember anything about an age limit. Will have to do some research.