PDA

View Full Version : Parent always arrives late!!!

twinkletots
11-04-2013, 10:37 PM
I have a parent that brings their child whatever time she feels like it basically! I have explained on numerous occasions that we had been waiting to go out or that the child had missed an activity, she just doesn't seem to care arrrrghhhh!!!!

jo.jo76
11-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Don't wait in! I had one like this, a couple of times coming to find me at toddler group put an end to it! Put a note on the door and go :)

TAZ
11-04-2013, 10:50 PM
I don't find it a huge problem if a child gets dropped off late as long as we're not planning to go out.
If you have an activity, let her know when you'll be going out and then if she's late dropping off you'll be out - she'll either have to come & find you or else will miss out on her hours. (You just need to be very clear with her beforehand that she will still be responsible for paying for those hours as it is her choice not to have brought her child at the agreed time)

Daftbat
12-04-2013, 06:52 AM
You just need to be firm and tell her that she has to be at your house by X hours as you are going out. I used to have a parent who did this even though I always tell people I leave for the school run ten minutes earlier than I actually do. One day this parent arrive as I was actually on the school run she passed me in her car. I carried on walking to school and she was waiting at my house when I got back 15 mins later. Guess what???? She never did it again.

twinkletots
12-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Don't wait in! I had one like this, a couple of times coming to find me at toddler group put an end to it! Put a note on the door and go :)

Thanks... I'm going to do that, I'm getting fed up of waiting when the other children are all ready to go to the park, play centre etc

twinkletots
12-04-2013, 08:03 AM
You just need to be firm and tell her that she has to be at your house by X hours as you are going out. I used to have a parent who did this even though I always tell people I leave for the school run ten minutes earlier than I actually do. One day this parent arrive as I was actually on the school run she passed me in her car. I carried on walking to school and she was waiting at my house when I got back 15 mins later. Guess what???? She never did it again.

I bet she didn't, parents don't like to wait! Especially this one haha I'm gonna just do what's planned from now on... Thanks :)

The Juggler
12-04-2013, 10:39 AM

I agree. that's what I do :thumbsup: