PDA

View Full Version : Too nice xxx

kime
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Just needed to get this off my chest...

I have been minding two sisters for a couple of months. Mum mentioned one girl in mornings but when we signed contract we agreed 4 evenings a week. She then needed me to take them both to school in the morning & I agreed to (verbally) and she said that if/when I had more work come in she understood I wouldn't be able to do the mornings anymore.

So today I have let her know that I can't do the mornings anymore (but that I would for the next couple of weeks while she sorted things) & she has been really mean to me :-( I understand she has been let down but I was doing a favour to help her out - this is not something I will be doing again for parents :-(

I think I need to toughen up & stop being so upset by what people say!

Rick
11-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes unfortunately if you do favours for parents all of a sudden it becomes the norm and they complain when it returns to normal. My parent was still assuming I would come and collect her children during the Easter holiday even though I only pick up because we go to play group nearby.

kime
11-04-2013, 09:13 PM
I will be learning from this Rick - being nice/doing favours does not always help you in the long run.

After a lot of grief & me refusing to argue, I agreed to work 4 weeks notice. Have had sickness issues with this parent before so think it's the right thing

:(

jackie 7
12-04-2013, 08:43 AM
It is often hard to get the right balance between nice and feeling used. Good luck.