PDA

View Full Version : Sleep time?

littleDs31
11-04-2013, 02:45 PM
This maybe a silly question but how long do u let your little ones sleep for?
I have a lo who needs a sleep in the afternoon or we have an afternoon of grumps and tantrums and a terrible journey home for dad.
Do you let them sleep until they wake up naturally? Or do you wake them up so as not to affect their night time routine?

muffins
11-04-2013, 02:59 PM
It depends on the child, I have one (2yrs) who I wake after 2hrs but she is always bright as a button after & has never once woken of her own accord. Most I tend to just leave untill they wake or I need them awake to do the school run. I wont keep a child awake though on parents request if they fall asleep because they are so tired then I let them be.

jackie 7
11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Mine sleep 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I had 1who would sleep for 3 hours. I try to have them up by 3 so they will sleep at home. I do not keep awake but will not let them sleep for too long if parents want and is in child's interest. .

ziggy
11-04-2013, 03:32 PM
i have 2 brothers who go for a sleep between 1.30 and 2pm each day, I wake them at 4.15, not sure how long they would sleep if i didnt wake them.

Others i leave till they wake, this is usually after an hour or so.

I never keep a child awake who wishes to sleep, in fact have never managed to do that even when asked. Last child i tried this with just fell asleep in his high chair while eating his lunch. I took a pic and sent it to mummy, she didnt ask again

adele1985
11-04-2013, 03:40 PM
i leave it up to the parents how long they want thier los to sleep for normally ask as part of settling in

mrs robbie williams
11-04-2013, 04:02 PM
I let them sleep i don't think it's fair to wake them they obviously need it :)

loocyloo
11-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I have a LO who arrives saying ' I don't want a sleep today '. Come lunch LO is asking to go to bed!

Usually sleeps for a couple of hours,. But I'm waking LO after an hour as I know parents don't want LO to sleep. A bit grumpy when woken but a biscuit helps!

The rest of the LO s usually sleep 1-2 hrs.

littleDs31
11-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Haha yes I always find a biscuit helps to!! :)

I wasn't sure if I was letting lo sleep too long (usually Upto 2hrs), but after reading your replies it seems this is the norm - always good to know. :)

I was having to wake him for a school run and felt a little mean as I am A grumpy knickers myself if I'm woke up before I'm ready hahaha!!!

Thanks for the replies :))

jo.jo76
11-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Mine usually only get 1 to 2 hrs as I have to wake them for school run. Love the holidays when I can let them sleep that little bit longer and wake up naturally

Houlgated
11-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I wish mine would sleep longer but usually only sleeps for between 30-75 minutes. About long enough for me to tidy up, do the dishes make a cup of tea but not long enough to actually sit down and drink it. I usually check with parents what they want.

watgem
12-04-2013, 06:06 AM
i prefer to let them wake naturaly however I'm sually giuded by parents, one lovely pair told me never to wake their child, it wouldn't be worth putting up with his grumpiness lol, but most say try not to let them sleep on the school run this afternoon, or no more than 40 minutes sleep today:(

adedwards68
12-04-2013, 07:41 AM
If the parent ask for them to sleep for a set time then I do try and wake them. Depends if I have a school run or not to whether I just leave them to wake on their own

phoenix2010
12-04-2013, 07:44 AM
i let my morning nappers wake up naturally , which is usually about an hour to 90 minutes and my afternoon nappers I would wake up after 2 hours , but they usually dont nap that long

occasionally if they have had a busy weekend they seem more tired or by the time friday comes around , so sleep for longer , but I would not let them sleep indefinitely in the afternoon , in case it affects their bedtime