PDA

View Full Version : Kind of excited

venus89
02-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I went to the parent focus meeting at my kids' primary school today about the Children's Centre they're building up there. I've long been quite excited about this development - they have loads of plans and being in a tiny town it's easy to feel isolated, both as a childminder and as a parent. Anyway, I volunteered myself to set up a childminders' group up there (because, obviously, I don't have enough to do already!) and I actually feel insanely excited about setting this up even though I don't have a clue what I'm doing! I haven't had a good project to get my teeth into for ages :D

Wendy Woo
02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
sounds good

hope it goes well for u

should be fun

good luck x x x x x :thumbsup:

miffy
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Good for you - you sound really excited about it

Hope it all goes well

Miffy xx

emler
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Well done you - good luck with it

Pedagog
03-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Good on you, we have a new childrens centre opening round the corner from me at my son's old school.

Tatia
03-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Venus, I got in on the ground floor of our childrne's centre too and run my drop-in group from there. It's become really successful as we've opened it up to parents and carers, not just minders.

I'm just making it up as I go along but if you want to talk over your plans or anything, please feel free to PM me. It is very exciting. I'm so proud of how far my little group has come and can definitely share your enthusiasm!

venus89
03-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Thank you all. Tatia - it's good to hear it's going well. I really wanted to get my feet in through the door ASAP. I'm trying to contact my local NCMA coordinator, as apparently I have to do this through her, but I promise that if she gives me the go ahead then I'll be in touch with loads and loads of questions! :laughing:

susi513
03-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Glad its going well for you. I found an email address contact for our children's centre - I don't know where it is or what they do there. So I sent a friendly request for information on whats on. But I got a reply saying they'd passed the enquiry on to someone else. And I never heard back.

venus89
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
That's not very helpful!
If it's anything like ours it's not quite ready yet but I think that they'll be well worth being a part of. Among other things i the childminders use the children's centres then parents can find minders more easily. The meeting yesterday was held in the school's out of school club and the manager of that asked for some of my business cards to hand out to her parents..... (as in parents of the children she has at the club.....).
The manager of our children's centre is all ideas, and running it all past parents too. As our town is pretty rubbish for mums and tots etc this should be really good for families with young children. Can you try contacting them again? I know all the websites are still under development so it's really hard to get any information about them at the moment

Pedagog
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I have emailed our new children's centre to see if they have a childminders group, or one planned.

venus89
03-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I have emailed our new children's centre to see if they have a childminders group, or one planned.

Good for you! If they don't tell them you want one and you'll hold your breath until they give you one!! :laughing: